This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ 3bet

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 37 BB
      UTG: 100 BB
      MP: 111.3 BB
      CO: 33 BB
      BTN: 107.5 BB
      Hero (SB): 100 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:heart:

fold, MP raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 10 BB, fold, MP calls 7 BB

Flop: (21 BB, 2 players) 3:club: J:spade: 5:heart:
      Hero bets 10.5 BB, MP calls 10.5 BB

Turn: (42 BB, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets 21 BB, MP calls 21 BB

River: (84 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond:
      Hero bets 42 BB, MP calls 42 BB

MP shows J:diamond: K:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 32%, Flop 20%, Turn 11%)
      Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 68%, Flop 80%, Turn 89%)
      Hero wins 159.6 BB

27 hands, 31/18

Should I cbet flop and turn bigger? Usually I do, but this time I was not too much comfortable because he is EP and calls OOP. So people often slowplay KK, or call 3bet mostly with JJ, TT,99. They call also AK, AQ, but I think that folds turn.
      On river so tough spot, I hoped he doesnt have AJ. So I think it is better to bet here, and hope I get called with 99,TT,88, JQ, JK, then to check call because he checks behind all worse hands and bets Ax. So is it better check/fold or bet? Regg wouldnt call AJ, KK, AA, also folds all small PP, so I suppouse he is fish and can call with 77-TT, JQ,JK which I see quite often.

Another question. If river card was blank, is it ok to go all in? I was not sure if QQ is good enough to stack off against EP.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop is ok. Usually good idea to be careful 3betting MP opens with QQ unless villain is opening wide and has a low Ft3bet stat.

In general you want to be betting small on these dry boards. I wouldn't bet bigger.

Primarily the hands villain will call a 2nd barrel with are Jx. It may be a decent spot to check turn and punish any floats while keeping villains range wide. Having said that, Ax turned a gutter, and spades turned a FD so betting again is fine. Sizing is fine imo.

River - it's unlikely villain is double floating (and reach the river with air). I'd check-fold. He either has something like a KJ which will check back or he has something like AJ or A:sQ which legitimately got there and will bet for value.

Probably ok to bet for value on blank river seeing as villain may 4bet KK/AA pf and raise sets on turn.