This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

The Donkbetter

• MP87
      MP87
      Bronze
      So the last few days I've been playing, I've come across a few hardcore donkbetters. At first I figured this would be easy money and I still believe this. However does anyone else find that it can be extremely hard to play some mediocre to strong hands against these players? For instance maybe you have 99+ preflop and the board comes 10, 8, 5, 3, 2 or something all rainbow yet these guys bet into all streets no matter if you raise or not. I find some of the biggest pots I lose are against these guys. Should I just wait for the nuts type of hands to break these guys for big pots or is there a better strategy? Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I play on 0.25/0.50 SH at pokerstars and donkbets in like 75% means that they hit either top pair, two pairs or even more. So you have to be careful. If that is a standard move of a player that is completely other story.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      CoreySteel I guess you just ahad a bit luck or the opponent just donked with good hands. On average a donkbet isn't very strong so if you know that he is doing that very often you should raise every street directly with your strongest hands.
      Don't raise for a freecard or free showdown and calldown many weaker hands.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Like I said. If random dude donkbets on a turn or river that usually means he hit something. If this is just a standard move of a particular player then raise is of course the best move.