The Donkbetter

• MP87
      MP87
      Bronze
      So the last few days I've been playing, I've come across a few hardcore donkbetters. At first I figured this would be easy money and I still believe this. However does anyone else find that it can be extremely hard to play some mediocre to strong hands against these players? For instance maybe you have 99+ preflop and the board comes 10, 8, 5, 3, 2 or something all rainbow yet these guys bet into all streets no matter if you raise or not. I find some of the biggest pots I lose are against these guys. Should I just wait for the nuts type of hands to break these guys for big pots or is there a better strategy? Thanks.
  • 3 replies
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      I play on 0.25/0.50 SH at pokerstars and donkbets in like 75% means that they hit either top pair, two pairs or even more. So you have to be careful. If that is a standard move of a player that is completely other story.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      CoreySteel I guess you just ahad a bit luck or the opponent just donked with good hands. On average a donkbet isn't very strong so if you know that he is doing that very often you should raise every street directly with your strongest hands.
      Don't raise for a freecard or free showdown and calldown many weaker hands.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      Like I said. If random dude donkbets on a turn or river that usually means he hit something. If this is just a standard move of a particular player then raise is of course the best move.