Playing a capped pot fpreflop with A4s

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Ok so had a situation last night similar to this.

3 limper and then button bets. I have A4s in SB an according to the bronze SHC i 3-bet.

My 3-bet is correct here yes ? If anyone 4-bet i have to call correct as there is too much money in the pot ?

With so many limpers still to act after the button raises is there any point in 3-betting here actually cos u prob gonna go atleast 3 ways oput of position to the flop ? Does the raise then really achieve anything then except give u initiative into the flop, but agains 4+ players does that really matter ?
  • 3 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I think the bronze chart for 3-betting is only used when there are no limpers before the raise, and nobody calls the raise. Then you would 3-bet A2s+ against a raise from BU, as he is probably trying to steal the blinds with a marginal or trash hand.

In your situation, you should look at the chart "Calling/Raising with raises and callers in front of you", and with 3 callers, you can only call ATs and AJs, and raise (3-bet) AQs and AKs.

As played, you have to call if somebody 4-bets.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Evilpopcorn,

Amiraputo is completly right so I have nothing to add. Maybe you reread the article again as this is one of the most important one we have. :)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/793/
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      lol

Just pulled a 3 hour session and it dawned of me that i had being misinterperting the chart. Funny how how i managed to play 22K hands at 25c/50c and still show a profit lol.

Yay another leak found and fixed in my game ! :D