This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Playing a capped pot fpreflop with A4s

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Ok so had a situation last night similar to this.

3 limper and then button bets. I have A4s in SB an according to the bronze SHC i 3-bet.

My 3-bet is correct here yes ? If anyone 4-bet i have to call correct as there is too much money in the pot ?

With so many limpers still to act after the button raises is there any point in 3-betting here actually cos u prob gonna go atleast 3 ways oput of position to the flop ? Does the raise then really achieve anything then except give u initiative into the flop, but agains 4+ players does that really matter ?
  • 3 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      I think the bronze chart for 3-betting is only used when there are no limpers before the raise, and nobody calls the raise. Then you would 3-bet A2s+ against a raise from BU, as he is probably trying to steal the blinds with a marginal or trash hand.

In your situation, you should look at the chart "Calling/Raising with raises and callers in front of you", and with 3 callers, you can only call ATs and AJs, and raise (3-bet) AQs and AKs.

As played, you have to call if somebody 4-bets.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Evilpopcorn,

Amiraputo is completly right so I have nothing to add. Maybe you reread the article again as this is one of the most important one we have. :)

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/fixed-limit/793/
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      lol

Just pulled a 3 hour session and it dawned of me that i had being misinterperting the chart. Funny how how i managed to play 22K hands at 25c/50c and still show a profit lol.

Yay another leak found and fixed in my game ! :D