[NL2-NL10] Check on turn with nuts

• generals007
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)   
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands
      SB (36,62)
      BU (27,14)

0,10/0,25 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](5 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BU with J:club: , K:club:
      [color:grey]MP3 folds[/color], CO calls $0,25, [color:red]Hero raises to $1,25[/color], SB calls $1,15, [color:grey]2 folds[/color].

Flop: ($3,00) Q:club: , 3:heart: , 4:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]SB bets $1,25[/color], Hero calls $1,25.

Turn: ($5,50) A:club: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($5,50) K:spade: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]SB bets $3,75[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $9,50[/color], SB calls $5,75.

Final Pot: $24,50

Villain seemed very agressive, that's why I ckecked on turn.
  • 2 replies
    • srohack
      i would raise his donk bet to 4.25$ on the flop . you have 2nd nut flush draw , an overcard and lots of fold equity . as i told you should stop slowplaying good hands . you need to take value from your opponents . dont check behind here never . bet turn because you will be surprised how much they call .
    • generals007
      Sorry but I don't get why I should bet here. It would be so obvious that I was holding a flushdraw, that I just hit. He showed weakness by checking and I don't even know any hand that would check to me here and not fold if I bet exept sth like Q9, which is not in his handrange because of the pf play.
      This is not a good hand, it's a monster hand. It's close to the frickin nuts, he can't beat it any more by any draws except he holds sth like a hit set and waits for the board to pair. He was very agressive - which makes his check on the turn alot weaker and makes it pretty obvious to me that he will bet when I show weakness too.