This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] J9s check raise

• mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Platinum
      iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (SB): 195.35 BB
      BB: 100 BB
      CO: 101.5 BB
      BTN: 158 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:spade: 9:spade:

fold, BTN raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (7 BB, 2 players) J:heart: T:club: 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 5.25 BB, Hero raises to 14 BB, BTN calls 8.75 BB

Turn: (35 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero bets 20 BB, BTN calls 20 BB

River: (75 BB, 2 players) 8:club:
      Hero bets 37.5 BB, BTN raises to 121 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 83.5 BB

Hero shows J:spade: 9:spade: (Straight, Jack High) (Pre 47%, Flop 88%, Turn 93%)
      BTN shows 4:spade: K:heart: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 53%, Flop 12%, Turn 7%)
      Hero wins 307 BB

280 hands 49/21 3b 21. cbet 65, fold to 3bet 8%

Is it ok call preflop against fish? I didnt want 3bet because he would call often IP.

Is check raise ok here on drawy board with no kicker? On turn blank I planned to check call, but since I had straight I bet. River fold? I hoped I at least split with 9x, but it seems that he is so much sure that I bluff when check raising. I started check raising with any top pair except A and it worked so far each time, they call with air mostly.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

What's his fold to Flop cbet? I actually do not mind making a really small 3b to like 7 or 8BB just to seize the initiative and isolate the fish from BB. But calling is certainly +EV too.

As played there's really no point in check/raising the Flop. Few worse hands call (maybe only T9 and T8) and better hands never fold. You bloat up the pot unnecessarily OOP. Just c/c with the intention of calling most turns and you can decide on River.

I am baffled by his hand :) and this guy is such a huge whale, that this is clearly a one-off exception.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Platinum
      Originally posted by mbml

I am baffled by his hand :) and this guy is such a huge whale, that this is clearly a one-off exception.

As I told, people in Ipoker NL20 just never fold to check raise. When I say never, I mean it happens once in 100 times that someone folds.
      I didnt see this guy calling check raise before this hand, but I make generalization just because I dont see anyone folding to my check raise.

Probably the reason is that there are 10 people in total who play everyday so I suppouse they are reggs and others are all new players, I dont have statistics of them so I suppouse Ipoker is full of fish.