BTN: $9.70
      SB: $19.84
      BB: $11.09
      Hero (UTG): $10.00
      MP: $19.28
      CO: $10.71

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with K :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.70

Flop: ($2.10) Q :spade: 4 :club: 6 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.35, Hero calls $1.35

Turn: ($4.80) 2 :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.11, SB raises to $17.49 all in, Hero calls $5.54 all in

River: ($20.10) T :heart: (2 players - 2 are all in)

Pf: vs. this one V it seems to me that it's quite easy call
      F: std
      T: his ch/r is huge, but i'm not sure whether in 3bet pots also. Now i think that better option is checkback T and call or vb R cause board is quite dry and V may try to bluff on the river with TT, JJ or Ax type of hands.

Regards
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

I think Preflop is good, Flop is standard. I don't think you should be betting the Turn though. Check and hope you can get to showdown and maybe you can sneak in a value bet on the River vs JJ/TT.

In order to justify betting here,
      1. He must have a really wide range preflop, including a ton of worse QX hands like QT QJ Q9s Q8s Q7s etc.
      2. He must never be capable of slowplaying AQ/QQ+

I think that it is pretty safe to assume that 2 is true, but 1 is probably not true all the time. I think his 3bet range is wide enough for us to call KQs, but I don't think it's wide enough for us to value bet Turn and River. Don't forget he is still 3bet vs our UTG open.

As played I'm kind of lost. Vs someone more aggro this would be a snapcall. Here I fear his passivity may mean that he has us crushed most of the time. But his preflop stats does look aggro and maybe he plays QJ QT in a stupid fashion which forces us to call here.

Thanks.