[NL2-NL10] Double raise on river

• generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)     
      code:
      Position(Stack):
      vp$ip	foldbb	ats	pfr
      af	w$sd	wts	hands

BU (6,42)
      MP1 (12,06)
      BB (10)

0,05/0,10 No-Limit Hold'em [color:blue](8 handed)[/color]
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q:club: , Q:diamond:
      [color:grey]UTG+2 folds[/color], [color:red]Hero raises to $0,40[/color], [color:grey]3 folds[/color], BU calls $0,40, [color:grey]SB folds[/color], BB calls $0,30.

Flop: ($1,25) J:heart: , 7:club: , 4:club: [color:blue](3 players)[/color]
      BB checks, [color:red]Hero bets $0,90[/color], BU calls $0,90, [color:grey]BB folds[/color].

Turn: ($3,05) J:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($3,05) 9:diamond: [color:blue](2 players)[/color]
      [color:red]Hero bets $1,45[/color], [color:red]BU raises to $2,90[/color], Hero calls $1,45.

Final Pot: $8,85

On the turn I decided to check and fold to a massive raise since I thought he had the jack here (other possible hands of his are flushdraws, but other than that...).
      On the river I decided to bet for value if he's got 7x or similar and fold to a reraise. But the reraise was, despite his little stack left, only double. I got so good pot odds that I decided to call.
      Good call or bad call?

gen
  • 4 replies
    • Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      I'd bet/fold on the turn probably. He can have a FD, a str8 draw (T8) or even 7x. If you get raised on the turn he'd probably have the jack.

As played, or he completed his SD or he has Jx and slowplayed it, but you can't fold with those odds.
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      Turn is fine IMO. You may still have the best hand, but I'd go for pot control here and play check/call.

But I'd check/call river. There aren't a lot of hands that you beat that would call you, a J will raise you and busted draws will fold, by check/calling you lose less if he has a J and you allow busted draws to bluff.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Yeah... probably right.

He had a J here.

gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      the best line against his all range on the turn is beting . if he made trips or a boat be it . but otherwise you are losing to much value to his draws and weaker hands . with 60 bb stack sizes beting comits you to the pot so i would bet/call this turn (and bet/fold if the stacksizes were 100bb+).
      as played i would play check/call on the river . no worst hand calls you now .
      gl