[NL2-NL10] KK on BU

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain is 10/7 AF 3.4 over 450 hands, his 3bet stat over this sample is 0.8
      his cbet stat is 82(on 11 occasions) and turn is 100(on 3 occasions)

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($4)
      BB ($4)
      UTG ($4.36)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      UTG+2 ($1.60)
      CO ($5.06)
      Hero ($4.12)

Dealt to Hero K:heart: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, SB raises to $0.32, fold, Hero calls $0.24

FLOP ($0.68) 2:spade: 5:club: 3:heart:

SB bets $0.43, Hero calls $0.43

TURN ($1.54) 2:spade: 5:club: 3:heart: 7:heart:

SB bets $0.92, Hero calls $0.92

RIVER ($3.38) 2:spade: 5:club: 3:heart: 7:heart: T:spade:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.88, SB folds

Hero shows K:heart: K:club:

Hero wins $3.22

I open my kings and I got 3bet by a tight player on SB...my position might as well be considered as a steal position and he might be trying to defend his blinds since I am most of the time stealing them from him...

I dont want to get hit by his top rainge...his 3bet is low as it is...and I dont think anything but AA would continue if I 4bet here...so I call and try to see the flop and be a little tricky with it

Flop is a bit coordinated but I doubt he is on any draw here...he either has overpair or AK most of the time here....I have position on him and good showdown value so I continue and expect him to continue his agression on the turn

His turn bet isnt that strong to me, and I think he is most likely on AK, if he got in with JJ or QQ, that works for me too....I call his turn bet, still think he might have AA too but doesnt want to bet that big or to scare me out....hope he gets one more barrel on river

River doesnt do much and he stops with his agression...this is a clear sign for me that I have him beat here so I try and put a smaller bet hoping I could get called by some of his range...he folds though and I take away a nice pot
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I agree with not 4betting KK here, you are just going to isolate yourself vs AA.

Postflop: I would just call down if my opponent keeps betting at me. If he checks, I would bet small when checked to.

Thanks.