This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Over Pairs.

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      How often should you be calling with 2 over cards seeing as though it's a high 8 outs.
      Obvisuoly never with a paired board and 3 card straight/flushs on the flop but just in general against min/small bets?
  • 2 replies
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Do you mean over-cards? Like AK on a J82r Flop?

It depends on what you play (NL or FL), but generally, you can consider overcards as 4-6 outs, making it a weak draw, so you should only call if the pot is 10 or more times the amount to call.

Sometimes it can be a strong draw, for example, if you hold AQ on a JT5r flop, you have 4 gutshot outs (the kings) + your overcards outs. In this case, you should play it as if you had a OESD or a flush draw.

Overpairs is when you hold a pocket pair higher than any of the board cards, for example, QQ on a J62r flop. This should be played as a medium strong made hand, as it beats top pair, but is beaten by 2-pair or better.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      I edited my post, i meant over-cards.
      For example K,J on 8,5,2 flop.
      Sorry i've been extremly tired over the last few days.
      Brain isnt thinking correctly.
      Thanks anyway.