SB ($1.56)
      BB ($1.55)
      UTG ($3.61)
      UTG+1 ($5.78)
      Hero ($6.39)
      CO ($6.03)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero A:club: K:spade:

UTG calls $0.04, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.12, UTG calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.50) J:spade: 7:diamond: 8:spade:

BB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

TURN ($0.50) J:spade: 7:diamond: 8:spade: K:heart:

BB checks, UTG bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.40, BB folds, UTG raises to $0.80, Hero raises to $6.23 (AI), UTG calls $2.65 (AI)

RIVER ($7.40) J:spade: 7:diamond: 8:spade: K:heart: 2:club:

UTG shows K:diamond: 8:club: (Pre 24%, Flop 81.1%, Turn 86.4%)Hero shows A:club: K:spade: (Pre 76%, Flop 18.9%, Turn 13.6%)UTG wins $7.03

I isolate a player who will call down anything and goes into pot with almost anything...he stacked off to me earlier with 2nd pair on the flop

I check on the flop, being the flop 3way, me not hitting anything and most likely I wont get folds here

I hit TPTK on the turn, he min bets here and I raise it for value...I expect him to have all kinds of garbage here and weaker kings, after he raises me 2x I just get his stack in
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I think that checking back the flop considering how wet and it and that we are multiway vs shorter fish is perfectly fine.

On the turn bet/3-bets are generally strong, especially with the sizes he is using so I think we should reconsider our plan.

I agree that the first raise is fine for pure value and can be even larger but once we get 3-bet I think that our TP is toast. I doubt he min bets / min 3-bets with anything less than 2p.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      I agree with you about min bet/min 3bet

I was acting though on my experience vs him on hand before and on his play at the table all together

this is the hand where he did minbet/shove

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.36)
      BB ($5.82)
      Hero ($4.24)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      CO ($6.09)
      BTN ($2.10)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.12, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.22, fold, Hero calls $0.10

FLOP ($0.48) J:heart: 9:club: 5:heart:

SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.32, SB raises to $2.14 (AI), Hero calls $1.82

TURN ($4.76) J:heart: 9:club: 5:heart: 7:club:

RIVER ($4.76) J:heart: 9:club: 5:heart: 7:club: 8:club:

SB shows K:club: 9:spade: (Pre 29%, Flop 18.3%, Turn 11.4%)Hero shows Q:diamond: Q:heart: (Pre 71%, Flop 81.7%, Turn 88.6%)Hero wins $4.53

Should I have taken into consideration that here he just shoved on me here and maybe wanted to get me to fold and on the AK hand he actually wanted me to stay in the pot...I really didnt think this kind of player would be capable of doing this...so maybe I guess it was my mistake after all...and if it is I am probably gonna write this down to pay attention to it.

question that came to me with all this - vs these loose players if they do minbet shove and we have overpair or TPTK, correct thing to do is just get their stack in, right?

thanks for help
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lavek,

I definitely agree that a minbet/min 3-bet is almost always stronger than a min bet/shove (unless the shove is close to a min 3-bet).

So in that case because we saw him bluff with a shove and now he just min raises we should have even more redflags.

In general, I have found that fish raise really large when they want protection from weak 1p hands or try to semibluff/bluff (like the K9 hand) and min raise when they want to keep you in.