This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - K4s: sb vs bb donkey

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      38/4
      27 hands

Hero (SB): $56.78 (113.6 bb)
      BB: $41.45 (82.9 bb)
      UTG: $44.80 (89.6 bb)
      MP: $107.91 (215.8 bb)
      CO: $15.13 (30.3 bb)
      BTN: $92.71 (185.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4:heart: K:heart:
      4 folds Hero?

Open or not?
      More basic than this couldnt be :tongue:
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

standard 3x raise for value. 38/4 would fold likely 50% and you can make him fold other times if he missed. Also K4s is very nice hand sb vs bb and gives a lot of option double barrels.

best regards,
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      How wide would you open?
      This?!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would add in any Kx hand; Q7-Q4, most suited hands and most connectors- likely would fold 32, but would always open 54.
      38/4 would very rare 3-bet me and if he is folding some hands, then imo it shows profit to open 80-85% hands if it is folded to me.
      Also for example if you have there 95s then it is not wrong to limp and bet out a lot of flops. Then he feels that you´re not attacking his blind 100% and you likely don´t get raised too often.

Against aggressive and good tag/lag player I would likely open 60% of hands.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      Interesting. I see many many players recommending a conservative approach on the SB.
      "blabla you shouldnt open more from the SB than BU"
      "blabla you should open more or less the same from SB as CO"
      "blabla a reg on the BB will cause you problems"

So they are talking about 30%+-.

I already had the idea that that was way too tight because players arent defending that much, and a 3bb open needs 62.5% folds for BE.
      Anyway i got a but :s_o: with 60%.

But on fact im seeing more and more regs stealing something around those numbers you are talking. I thought they were just some spew monkeys.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lunitis
      Interesting. I see many many players recommending a conservative approach on the SB.
      "blabla you shouldnt open more from the SB than BU"
      "blabla you should open more or less the same from SB as CO"
      "blabla a reg on the BB will cause you problems"

So they are talking about 30%+-.

I already had the idea that that was way too tight because players arent defending that much, and a 3bb open needs 62.5% folds for BE.
      Anyway i got a but :s_o: with 60%.

But on fact im seeing more and more regs stealing something around those numbers you are talking. I thought they were just some spew monkeys.
      basically it all depends on your opponents.
      If they are tight and fold a lot to your c-bets then you can open wider. if they are aggressive, float you or 3-bet then your opening range should also be tighter.

Usually playing tight on SB is not wrong and it is hard to show profit sb vs bb, so if you´re not sure how to react to 3-bets then fold is always best option.

best regards,
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      Btw what winrate do you think its good at sb?