4 folds Hero?

Open or not?
      More basic than this couldnt be :tongue:
  • 6 replies
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

standard 3x raise for value. 38/4 would fold likely 50% and you can make him fold other times if he missed. Also K4s is very nice hand sb vs bb and gives a lot of option double barrels.

best regards,
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      How wide would you open?
      This?!
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I would add in any Kx hand; Q7-Q4, most suited hands and most connectors- likely would fold 32, but would always open 54.
      38/4 would very rare 3-bet me and if he is folding some hands, then imo it shows profit to open 80-85% hands if it is folded to me.
      Also for example if you have there 95s then it is not wrong to limp and bet out a lot of flops. Then he feels that you´re not attacking his blind 100% and you likely don´t get raised too often.

Against aggressive and good tag/lag player I would likely open 60% of hands.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Interesting. I see many many players recommending a conservative approach on the SB.
      "blabla you shouldnt open more from the SB than BU"
      "blabla you should open more or less the same from SB as CO"
      "blabla a reg on the BB will cause you problems"

So they are talking about 30%+-.

I already had the idea that that was way too tight because players arent defending that much, and a 3bb open needs 62.5% folds for BE.
      Anyway i got a but :s_o: with 60%.

But on fact im seeing more and more regs stealing something around those numbers you are talking. I thought they were just some spew monkeys.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Lunitis
      Interesting. I see many many players recommending a conservative approach on the SB.
      "blabla you shouldnt open more from the SB than BU"
      "blabla you should open more or less the same from SB as CO"
      "blabla a reg on the BB will cause you problems"

So they are talking about 30%+-.

I already had the idea that that was way too tight because players arent defending that much, and a 3bb open needs 62.5% folds for BE.
      Anyway i got a but :s_o: with 60%.

But on fact im seeing more and more regs stealing something around those numbers you are talking. I thought they were just some spew monkeys.
      basically it all depends on your opponents.
      If they are tight and fold a lot to your c-bets then you can open wider. if they are aggressive, float you or 3-bet then your opening range should also be tighter.

Usually playing tight on SB is not wrong and it is hard to show profit sb vs bb, so if you´re not sure how to react to 3-bets then fold is always best option.

best regards,
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      Btw what winrate do you think its good at sb?