[NL2-NL10] nl10 SH 77

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $11.89 (118.9 bb)
      SB: $10 (100 bb)
      BB: $11.19 (111.9 bb)
      UTG: $10.20 (102 bb)
      MP: $15.92 (159.2 bb)
      CO: $10.15 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 7
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.30, CO folds, Hero calls $0.30, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 5 3 T (2 players)
      MP bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.20, MP folds

Results:
      $1.55 pot ($0.07 rake)
      Final Board: 5 3 T
      Hero mucked 7 7 and won $1.48 ($0.78 net)
      MP mucked and lost (-$0.70 net)

zoom and villain is unknown, only have 5 hands on him.

normally i'd call and re-evaluate the turn since i have SDV. in this particular hand i had to think if a :spade: comes on the turn then i can't call down for 2 more streets, and it's the same story if an 8, 9, T, J, Q, K or A come. i started timing out and decided im happy if i just win the pot now by turning it into a bluff. is this alright or is calling down still best? or even folding to the cbet on the assumption that calling down sucks, and raising sucks because we blow away our SDV and villain will be continuing too often to make raising profitable.

thanks
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DrDunne,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: His small cbet is usually a weak hand, at best a draw. So I think that raising to take down the pot and get him to fold his equity is fine. Of course, in this case, we don't have much hand equity but I think we make up on that with our fold equity.

If he were to bet like 60c I think that folding would be best against unknown.
    • dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      Hi!

Are we giving up, if called? Most of his range on the turn would contain Tx and broadway FD`s.

Apparently we would not have enough FE to barrel.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by dienaszaglis
      Hi!

Are we giving up, if called? Most of his range on the turn would contain Tx and broadway FD`s.

Apparently we would not have enough FE to barrel.
      Actually I would most likely bet turn (non spade) and check back river. Tx+ does not bet that small and call and his range for calling will most likely be made up of draws.