Hero (BB): 120.8 BB
      UTG: 100 BB
      MP: 126.95 BB
      CO: 100 BB
      BTN: 104.2 BB
      SB: 102.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:heart: 4:heart:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, BTN calls 5 BB

Flop: (14.5 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond: 8:club: 8:heart:
      Hero bets 10 BB, BTN calls 10 BB

Turn: (34.5 BB, 2 players) A:club:
      Hero bets 15 BB, BTN raises to 35 BB, Hero calls 20 BB

River: (104.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows A:heart: 4:heart: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 60%, Flop 77%, Turn 100%)
      BTN shows K:heart: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Kings and Eights) (Pre 40%, Flop 23%, Turn 0%)
      Hero wins 99.3 BB

211 hands 31/25 fold steal to 3bet 25%, attempt to steal 50% bu,
      call 1/6 flop, raise 3/6, fold 2/6

Is it ok 3bet against him? I think it is bad with A4, it is better with AJ,AQ and similar when he is so aggro postflop and calls light.

Probably I should give up on this flop, I planed to barrel turn and river on scare card.

Is turn bet ok ? I would bet it also with as bluff. Is call raise ok since he does it often? call river shove ? I would call it
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

I would usually flat Axs vs a minraise in BB. Very different from SB because of being guaranteed HU pot and no squeezers behind.

Postflop I like it. You know he calls relatively wide so you can cbet here with plans to barrel and your hand has equity for that with BD flush, BD straight, over and scarecards. Sizing can be a bit smaller though.

Turn it becomes a value bet if you think he doesn't float many better Ax and also if you think he knows you barrel Ax as a bluff often. His raise makes no sense. If he had a slowplay he would slowplay and let you shove river. That means he doesn't have a value hand so you have to call.

@Prelfop 3bet range: I agree with a more high card heavy range but it doesn't mean this hand would be -EV to 3bet. It depends a lot on your postflop abilities and reads on opponent.