This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

SSS for PLO

• ivanasrb1
      ivanasrb1
      Bronze
      Playing PLO (mostly PLO10 and some PLO25) on full tilt I noticed a lot of players playing with minimum money ($2), and eaven though Im sure they dont play some specific strategy, i wonder if its posible to make a short stack strategy for PLO, like one in NLH?
      Is there anyone on PS who would like to deal with this?
      Thanks for the answ
  • 5 replies
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      there's a 40bb strategy explained in Slotboom's book, forget the title..but full-stack is more profitable iyam
    • Jim9137
      Jim9137
      Bronze
      It's only effective if the table is filled with aggressive BSS players/full-handed. Otherwise it's very hard to exploit your edges against good players, or even bad ones, as you tend to end up in heads-up pots with your hand "bare".

I usually take a short stack as a weak/tight player, as they usually are just that.
    • samiow
      samiow
      Bronze
      I play with slotboom a lot and he doesnt play PLO, he just will ship it in if he thinks someone has aces and there is enough dead money, the the AAxx dude isolates with a reraise and he gets all the dead money and +EV.
      If you have the BR and dont like playing poker you can just do that.
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jim9137
      I usually take a short stack as a weak/tight player, as they usually are just that.
      In the games I play they tend to be 50%+ VP$IP un-bluffable showdown monkeys.

OP, like Jim says, you need the right sort of game to play SSS PLO. In the passive games in which I sometimes play your edge more often comes post-flop rather than pre-flop. Since even good players cannot agree on how to play PLO post-flop any SSS is unlikely to be able to be recorded on a couple of sides of A4. Good Luck.

I play SSS PLO because I'm crap (but getting better) at judging equity post-flop and my sight of the board is slow. The biggest part of my game is singleing out players who are an even bigger fish than I.
    • gummi1
      gummi1
      Bronze
      Where can I study the PLO SSS?