[NL20-NL50] T8s

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      preflop call is very questionable i guess, but given we are a little bit deeper with both and i think i have good implied odds, i called

villain is 17/16 cb flop 4/4, cb turn 2/2, wtsd 4/10, AF: 2.6

on the flop i decided to call, cause i think his range after cbetting is gonna be quite narrow: AA/AK/KK/KQ, AQdd, AJdd, 66,33, maybe QQ,JJ, (highly doubt he has other combos of FD's as well)

ott, i decide to c/c cause after his turn bet i think his range is AA (6 combos), AK(12 combos), sets (7 combos) and 2 combos of flushes so if i raise ill just be isoating myself

otr i dont want him to c back his TP - range, so i bet 1/2 pot to get a crying call from those and obv fold to a raise which he will never do with a worse hand imo

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $47.02
      UTG: $27.10
      MP: $25.95
      CO: $22.31
      BTN: $8.52
      SB: $33.29

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has T:diamond: 8:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.60, MP calls $0.60, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.90, 3 players) K:diamond: 3:diamond: 6:club:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.20, fold, Hero calls $1.20

Turn: ($4.30, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $2.80, Hero calls $2.80

River: ($9.90, 2 players) 4:club:
      Hero bets $4.95, UTG calls $4.95

Hero mucks T:diamond: 8:diamond: (Flush, King High) (Pre 32%, Flop 17%, Turn 0%)
      UTG shows Q:diamond: J:diamond: (Flush, King High) (Pre 68%, Flop 83%, Turn 100%)
      UTG wins $18.81

th i didnt expect QJs to raise UTG, he is 17/16 so...
  • 2 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      You are not deep because he only has 100bb which means the effective stack you can win is 100bb so the call pre flop is too loose.

Flop I think you have the odds to check call and the K hits his range.

His cb range is 100% as the stats show on limited samples so I am inclined to think that he's betting range is wider than you think and will be almost every hand he raised with.

Do you think if he has a hand like QQ or JJ he would bet the river? What if he has a hand like AJ would he pull 3 streets of bluff? I don't think all these hands will bet the river and you are left with hands like AA AK KQ that will bet the river.

However a hand like AK KQ KJ or sometimes QQ or JJ could call a check raise on the turn so I think for maximum value I would check raise the turn and bet the river myself.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      You are not deep because he only has 100bb which means the effective stack you can win is 100bb so the call pre flop is too loose.
      yes, this was some screwup in the hand converter.... UTG had around $27 and MP $25

Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Do you think if he has a hand like QQ or JJ he would bet the river? What if he has a hand like AJ would he pull 3 streets of bluff? I don't think all these hands will bet the river and you are left with hands like AA AK KQ that will bet the river.

However a hand like AK KQ KJ or sometimes QQ or JJ could call a check raise on the turn so I think for maximum value I would check raise the turn and bet the river myself.
      i dont, thats why i choose to c/c turn and donk river, just for this scenario, if i c/r turn he folds everything worse, maybe calls A:diamond: K, A:diamond: Ax

if i c/c turn and c river, he will never imo bet AK/KQ/AA here

if i donk river 1/2 pot he'll always call especialy those hands and raise better, where i can clearly fold