MP3 ($4.90)
      CO ($1.95)
      BTN ($0.96)
      SB ($4.90)
      BB ($4.90)
      [UTG+1 posted $0.02]
      [MP2 posted $0.02]

Pre-flop: ($0.07, 10 players) Hero is MP1 4:diamond: A:diamond:
      1 fold, UTG+1 checks, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.02, MP2 checks, 4 folds, BB checks

Flop: 8:club: 3:diamond: 4:club: ($0.09, 4 players)
      BB checks, UTG+1 bets $0.08, Hero calls $0.08, 1 fold, BB folds

Turn: 5:diamond: ($0.25, 2 players)
      UTG+1 bets $0.08, Hero ????

I had good stats on UTG+1. VP$IP was 34.6, PFR 22.3, AF 4.6, over 900 hands. I figured he probably had a pair, good kicker. But I have so many outs to beat him, that I was considering a raise to either scare him out, or to build the pot for if I hit my out.
      Then I decided that no worse hand would call my raise, so I called to the river.

River: Q:club: ($0.41, 2 players)
      UTG 1 bets $0.08, Hero folds
  • 7 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      He bets a whopping 8 cents into the pot on turn, which gives you pot odds about 4:1 ... that's huge. It's at least a call. If he's been betting only hit hands I'd call and see if I get 4, A or flush. If he's been betting also draws and been bluffing I would raise on turn. If he's got a draw give him bad pot odds for a call and if he's got a bluff he will fold there.

If you only had a few times where that opponent has been bluffing, even river is a call for me. you don't get 6:1 pot odds every day.

gen
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      He bets a whopping 8 cents into the pot on turn, which gives you pot odds about 4:1 ... that's huge. It's at least a call. If he's been betting only hit hands I'd call and see if I get 4, A or flush. If he's been betting also draws and been bluffing I would raise on turn. If he's got a draw give him bad pot odds for a call and if he's got a bluff he will fold there.

If you only had a few times where that opponent has been bluffing, even river is a call for me. you don't get 6:1 pot odds every day.

gen
      I think you started writing your post before I got to edit in the river play eh?
      Would you have folded the river?
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Nope I would have called. Most of the time you are beat here, but if you win it one in seven times you break even on your decision. And even if you are beat you get valuable information about your opponent's betting behavior. Does he bet that small on draws/made hands/bluffs? Next time you will make the right decision if you call here. He might have gotten you with air there. It's highly improbable ... most probably he hit a flush or straight or had an eight from the start, probably a flush. Still I'd call here. Pot odds are just too good.

gen
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      Originally posted by generals007
      Nope I would have called. Most of the time you are beat here, but if you win it one in seven times you break even on your decision. And even if you are beat you get valuable information about your opponent's betting behavior. Does he bet that small on draws/made hands/bluffs? Next time you will make the right decision if you call here. He might have gotten you with air there. It's highly improbable ... most probably he hit a flush or straight or had an eight from the start, probably a flush. Still I'd call here. Pot odds are just too good.

gen
      okay thanks mate
      -Brian
    • Faye6891
      Faye6891
      Bronze
      I only limp in MP with Axs in certain situations, but given that there were two players that had already posted, and this is NL2, limping is OK I think.

Flop:
      It's a fold for me. You've got middle pair, there's a flush and a straight draw on the board, two players to still act behind you and no pot odds to call.
      Even though UTG+1 is deep stacked you probably won't get paid off if you hit two pair because the A may scare him, and another 4 may also slow him down, so I don't think your implied odds are too good either.
      Besides that, if someone else is on a flush draw and the A :club: hits the turn, it could mean trouble to you, actually any A could be trouble because it completes a straight draw (but that's more unlikely).

Turn:
      As played, I think the turn is player dependent if you think you have a good fold equity against him then raise, if not then just call, he's giving you nice odds.

River:
      Damn river, that bet is so small I think it's a crying call, even though I can't really imagine a hand that you beat besides a bluff.
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      Flop: It's a fold for me. You've got middle pair, there's a flush and a straight draw on the board, two players to still act behind you and no pot odds to call.

After this I'd probably go with a fold too. I didn't even look if there were more players.

gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      limping its ok in this situation with 2 players posting the blinds . on the other side i would fold to his flop bet . he is beting with 3 people having to act behind him wich is a sign of a realy strong hand or a strong draw .
      as played when he bets again small on the turn he s hand looks like a draw that wants to see the next card or a weak toppair . in both cases i dont think he will fold to a raise so i would just call . on the river is close because you beat just a busted draw but with this odds you can opt to call and get the info about his beting paterns . you will stil be ahead to a busted flush draw a big % of the time
      gl