This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 50 NL fps?

• poketingaces
      poketingaces
      Bronze
      BTN: $67.60 (135.2 bb)
      SB: $55.15 (110.3 bb)
      Hero (BB): $112.77 (225.5 bb)
      CO: $55.42 (110.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:spade: 3:spade:
      CO folds, BTN raises to $1, SB folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25) 2:diamond: 4:spade: 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($4.25) J:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.25, Hero raises to $11.50, BTN raises to $25, Hero calls $13.50

River: ($54.25) A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Villain is loose passive with 38/22/0.8 stats over 650 hands has cbet turn 3/4 hands smple. fold to 3bet is 23%. Btn vpip is 32 which is lower than his total vpip.
  • 2 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Super marginal. Only very good players can defend such hands profitably. If you are not too confident in your edge postflop you should just fold this.

Flop: I think our hand is way too weak to c/c. Just check/raise immediately with the intention of firing all spades.

Turn: I don't like the Turn CR vs someone who never folds a strong made hand like KK or AA. This guy is passive too and he seems to be a loose passive calling station so when he bets he's really strong and we have hardly any fold equity.

River: Since we put him on a strong made hand and not a draw, and he's passive he will be afraid of value betting RIver himself when the flush completes. I think you should just donkshove $40 on the River. I don't think he ever folds sets and twopairs, and he will have a hard time folding KK/QQ as well.

Thanks.
    • poketingaces
      poketingaces
      Bronze
      yup completely butchered this hand as suspected. I felt a bit pwned after seeing him tank check a set on the river :f_eek: . Lol implied odds.

thanks.