This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 25shz AKo SB

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $21.25 (85 bb)
      Hero (SB): $94.01 (376 bb)
      BB: $25.44 (101.8 bb)
      UTG: $24.30 (97.2 bb)
      MP: $29.15 (116.6 bb)
      CO: $113.72 (454.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, Hero raises to $3, BB folds, CO calls $2.25, BTN calls $2.25

Flop: ($9.25) K 9 Q (3 players)
      Hero bets $5.25, CO folds, BTN raises to $18.25 and is all-in, Hero calls $13

Turn: ($45.75) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($45.75) 6 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $45.75 pot ($2 rake)
      Final Board: K 9 Q 9 6
      BTN mucked J Q and lost (-$21.25 net)
      Hero showed K A and won $43.75 ($22.50 net)
      CO mucked and lost (-$3 net)

CO: VPIP: 22, PFR: 17, 3B: 8, AF: 4,3, Hands: 269
      BU: VPIP: 20, PFR: 10, 3B: 20, AF: 2,0, Hands: 10

I was incredibly reluctant to call that raise as I didn't see anything worse doing it.
      However, due to his stack and due to mbml always reminding me "on 3bet pot that's virtual nuts" I called. :f_love:

Thoughts?
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I don't think AK is virtual nuts on this texture as we lose to KQ/99/JT etc. If you are not willing to stack off vs a raise, you can consider the option of check/calling.

BU seems to be on the tighter side, but the wide disparity between VPIP and PFR makes me think he loves calling a lot. So perhaps his range is not necessarily overly narrow here. He could have some KT KJ shoving here. Maybe even some worse pairs + gutshots.

Anyway pot odds are just way too good for you to fold here.
      13/45.75 = 28.4%

You should try equilating a conservative stack off range for BU. I bet we have enough equity to stack off.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

I don't think AK is virtual nuts on this texture as we lose to KQ/99/JT etc. If you are not willing to stack off vs a raise, you can consider the option of check/calling.

BU seems to be on the tighter side, but the wide disparity between VPIP and PFR makes me think he loves calling a lot. So perhaps his range is not necessarily overly narrow here. He could have some KT KJ shoving here. Maybe even some worse pairs + gutshots.

Anyway pot odds are just way too good for you to fold here.
      13/45.75 = 28.4%

You should try equilating a conservative stack off range for BU. I bet we have enough equity to stack off.
      I don't manage to make a conservative range (considering his double call PF) without being super crushed.
      Help xD

Tried 99, AK, KQs, JTs, but I don't know what else to add.
      If I add anything else that I beat tho equity skyrockets to like 50%. (KJ, KTs, stuff like that, but is that conservative?)

On a side note, why in the hell would he do what he did?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think its safe to assume he always has KJs KTs here. And we should have enough.

Why should he raise? Cos he is a bad player who is randomly clicking buttons ;)