[NL20-NL50] 25shz JJ CO

• AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $48.67 (194.7 bb)
      SB: $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $46.05 (184.2 bb)
      UTG: $29.23 (116.9 bb)
      MP: $90.39 (361.6 bb)
      Hero (CO): $55.96 (223.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J J
      UTG folds, MP raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.75, BTN raises to $2.50, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($6.10) 4 3 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($6.10) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.95, BTN calls $3.95

River: ($14) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Results:
      $14 pot ($0.77 rake)
      Final Board: 4 3 8 J 7
      BTN mucked A K and lost (-$6.45 net)
      Hero showed J J and won $13.23 ($6.78 net)

VPIP: 24, PFR: 20, 3B: 9, AF: 1,9, Hands: 242

I'm a bit puzzled on 3Bet range for JJ, TT in 6max, I come from FR normal tables where basically they are set value.
      Felt like I should have raised tho.
      Could you give some advice?

Flop: obviously check/call.
      Turn: got my set and had to start build the pot
      River: thinking he wouldn't have called a 2nd bet as he didn't bet flop and probably he was on some low PP or some draw, I was hoping on some bluff from him maybe from busted FD that he called on turn or I dunno... maybe I should have bet but very small? like 1/4?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

In terms of 3betting range I recommend your default play with JJ is to flat call vs MP or EP open. Vs CO/BTN 3bet for value is often fine depending on opponent. (Sometimes still a flat vs high Ft3bet%).

Call vs 3bet is fine vs wide 3bettor. Ideally you'd 4bet this hand but if there is no light 5bet dynamic with villain your hand becomes a bluff so flatting OOP is better.

Turn, fine, you don't want to give free card to one-card club draws.

River, I agree with the idea to bet small like $4 with the intention of calling a raise. You extract value from weak pairs but still give your opponent an opportunity to bluff raise with busted clubs if he thinks your range looks weak.
    • AtrociousNightmare
      AtrociousNightmare
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      Hey AtrociousNightmare,

In terms of 3betting range I recommend your default play with JJ is to flat call vs MP or EP open. Vs CO/BTN 3bet for value is often fine depending on opponent. (Sometimes still a flat vs high Ft3bet%).

Call vs 3bet is fine vs wide 3bettor. Ideally you'd 4bet this hand but if there is no light 5bet dynamic with villain your hand becomes a bluff so flatting OOP is better.

Turn, fine, you don't want to give free card to one-card club draws.

River, I agree with the idea to bet small like $4 with the intention of calling a raise. You extract value from weak pairs but still give your opponent an opportunity to bluff raise with busted clubs if he thinks your range looks weak.
      Good, thx!
      Another small question, is it the same with TT? (for ur advice I mean)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by AtrociousNightmare
      Another small question, is it the same with TT? (for ur advice I mean)
      Yup I recommend standard play is to flat TT vs EP open unless opponent is very loose and has low Ft3bet. Even in LP, if opener has high Ft3bet you are better off just flatting TT.

Vs a fish with low Ft3bet you can obviously 3bet for value in LP.