BTN: $21.97 (109.9 bb)
      SB: $20 (100 bb)
      BB: $40.52 (202.6 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $21.16 (105.8 bb)
      MP: $9.71 (48.6 bb)
      CO: $40.73 (203.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A:heart: A:club:
      Hero raises to $0.60, MP folds, CO calls $0.60, 2 folds, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.90) J:heart: Q:heart: 3:club: (3 players)
      BB bets $1.90, Hero calls $1.90, CO calls $1.90

Turn: ($7.60) T:spade: (3 players)
      BB bets $7.60, Hero calls $7.60, CO folds

River: ($22.80) Q:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $11.40, Hero calls $11.06 and is all-in

guy was 82/57 2 agr I think it's fold T or at very last on the River. What do you think about it?
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi

Would call down on a blank but he has many qx in his range and we block so many straight and flush draws with our blockers so i think he is weighted towards stronger made hands now like trips.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      again nice read he has Q3o
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hehe you probably wouldn't post a winning hand ;)

You should try poker stoving the River spot. See how different river cards change your equity. Given that his VPIP is 82 I think he has every single off suit queen in the deck. So give him a range of Q2-QA, some straights, some busted flush draws.

You should be able to see that we are crushing him on blanks but we are crushed on the Queen river.

Note that he bet half pot on the River which gives us 25% pot odds. So we need >25% equity to call here.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hehe you probably wouldn't post a winning hand ;)
      Actually I did :D I posted few hands where I hero called with overpairs and I won. Anyway after I did session review I still thought that wasn’t the best idea so I put hands on evaluation forum. I just wanted to make sure that I shouldn’t play like that. Maybe that was correctly played because I don’t remember metagame anyway I want to know how to play vs unk

You should try poker stoving the River spot. See how different river cards change your equity. Given that his VPIP is 82 I think he has every single off suit queen in the deck. So give him a range of Q2-QA, some straights, some busted flush draws.

You should be able to see that we are crushing him on blanks but we are crushed on the Queen river.

Note that he bet half pot on the River which gives us 25% pot odds. So we need >25% equity to call here.
      You mean equilab scenario analiser? I’ve never used it but it seems great. Tomorrow I’ll use it while doing my session review.

Btw I’ve seen your Constructing Preflop Ranges - Part 1and it was great. I gave it 5. I can’t wait for second part. The ‘aha’ moment was when you told that vs guy who fold 100% to 3b we should 3b only for bluff and for guy who fold 0% we should 3b only for value. Yeah I know it seems like cpt. Obvious but I didn’t think about that in that terms.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      as weak as it sounds, i might even fold the turn here.... u have the A:heart: so he has less combo draws

and its pretty hard to imagine him betting potsize into 2 people with KQ here

not to mention there still is CO behind u to act

90% of the time u will just find yourself facing 2p+

and he realy isnt so aggro postflop (if this: 82/57 2 agr means his AF is 2, not 3b is 2)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by zumpar
      as weak as it sounds, i might even fold the turn here.... u have the A:heart: so he has less combo draws

and its pretty hard to imagine him betting potsize into 2 people with KQ here

not to mention there still is CO behind u to act

90% of the time u will just find yourself facing 2p+

and he realy isnt so aggro postflop (if this: 82/57 2 agr means his AF is 2, not 3b is 2)
      I think Turn is close (mainly because of 3way dynamic and the huge pot bet) but I'm stilll leaning more towards a call. I think this loose aggro fish can very easily overplay worse QX hands. I would definitely not be surprised to see KQ AQ in his range. There are more combos of one pair hands as compared to 2pairs and sets.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      @ilidek:

Yeah I think the scenario analyzer is fine. I don't really use it though, I do it manually and just change the river card myself and take note of the equity.

I made part 2 and 3 of the constructing preflop ranges series >1m ago but somehow the videos got lost in the FTP servers. Should be up soon since the video staff told me to re-upload it. Glad you enjoyed it.