[NL2-NL10] AJo on MP vs maniac

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Villain was extremely loose and agressive, his stats were 100/70 over 10 hands with 3bet % 100, he was doing this with allot of trashy hands

limper is 23/9 over 436 hands

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($6.46)
      BB ($4.58)
      UTG ($1.10)
      UTG+1 ($4)
      UTG+2 ($4.84)
      Hero ($4)
      MP2 ($4)
      CO ($5.68)
      BTN ($3.69)

Dealt to Hero A:club: J:diamond:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, Hero raises to $0.16, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.28, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.66) 9:diamond: J:club: K:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24

TURN ($1.14) 9:diamond: J:club: K:club: 7:club:

Hero checks, BTN checks

RIVER ($1.14) 9:diamond: J:club: K:club: 7:club: 5:heart:

Hero bets $0.54, BTN calls $0.54

Hero shows A:club: J:diamond: (Pre 68%, Flop 97.1%, Turn 93.2%)BTN shows A:spade: 8:spade: (Pre 32%, Flop 2.9%, Turn 6.8%)Hero wins $2.11

I isolate the limper who is probably on a low PP or some suited connectors, get 3bet by a guy that pretty much just did that the moment he came on the table and I expected that...

I dont want to 4bet with the hand that I had because it isnt that good of a hand to stack of with and his 4bet continuation range is probably stronger...I think I can get more value by calling and letting him fill the pot

I hit mid pair...I think I was ahead of his range here already...doubt he is on K since his range is very wide...I decide to check so he continues with his agression...plan is to check/call to the end...unless he goes crazy with bet sizing...his cbet on the flop was weak, I think he will probably fold if I raise so I call and stick to my plan...after that bet sizing I am certain I am ahead

turn is a scare card...more for him than for me I think...he checks behind here and I think I will have to lead out on the river to ensure he doesnt check back again...think he is probably done with the hand here

River is a blank and I bet the size that I think will be acceptable for him to go to showdown with his whole range
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

I read your thought processes and I like the way you played.

Preflop iso is fine + you have to call against someone who is 3betting everything.

Check/call flop is fine to let opponent continue aggression.

Turn is fine to check call you probably still have the best hand and with your club draw you will nearly always have the odds/implieds to check/call.

River value bet is fine, presumably this guy can call with worse pairs.