This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [nl4] – QTs

• DraakG
      DraakG
      Bronze
      Hello coach and viewers!

As I'm in posittion and the villain has shown some wild aggresive play I call his small raise on the flop.

Should I have bet the turn? I don't have a good read on the villain yet.

Is my raise on the river too big?

(I probably should have raised pre-flop. I hadn't realised the table had grown so small or that the CO hadn't called but posted dead money.)

Thanks!
      Draak G

Cassava Poker $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players

SB: $4.42
      Hero (BB): $4.58
      UTG: $3.62
      CO: $4.11
      BTN: $3.52

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is BB with Q :heart: T :heart:
      1 fold, CO checks, 1 fold, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.08) 8 :club: 7 :diamond: Q :spade: (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.10, CO folds, SB raises to $0.28, Hero calls $0.18

Turn: ($0.64) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.64) Q :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.35, Hero raises to $4.26, SB folds
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey DraakG,

Preflop I'd consider raising it up to $0.10. Sometimes you take the pot uncontested, other times you may isolate yourself vs the SB in position.

On the flop you should seriously consider folding your QT vs check-raise. You basically have a bluff-catcher, villain is not raising worse for value in most cases.

On the turn your primary goal should be to get to showdown after facing flop check/raise. Checking back is fine, but a small bet of <1/2 pot may help you to protect your hand from any of villains flop bluffing range.

River is fine but maybe a little ambitious. I'd raise to like $1.10.