[NL2-NL10] [nl4] – J9o

• DraakG
      DraakG
      Bronze
      Hello coach and viewers!

Was my call on the flop too loose? I thought I had implied odds but technically I was of course calling a reraise. The bet from the BB looked very weak though.

I now think my river bet was too small. What would the right size have been?

Thanks,
      Draak G
      Cassava Poker $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players

MP2: $2.87
      CO: $7.00
      BTN: $2.28
      Hero (SB): $4.59
      BB: $3.82
      UTG: $4.00
      UTG+1: $3.54
      MP1: $2.50

Pre Flop: ($0.06) Hero is SB with 9 :heart: J :club:
      4 folds, CO calls $0.04, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.02, BB checks

Flop: ($0.12) 6 :diamond: Q :heart: T :heart: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.06, CO raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, BB calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.48) Q :diamond: (3 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks, CO checks

River: ($0.48) 8 :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BB calls $0.28, CO raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.52, BB folds
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey DraakG

Preflop SB complete is close. It might ok if CO is bad and will donate money to you postflop when you hit.

Flop - I'd probably still call, but you do you have to be worried about BB re-raising which would suck. However you are still drawing to the nuts and probably have ok implied odds.

I think your river sizing is ok. There aren't really too many hands either player could have. CO checks back turn so presumably he doesn't have a queen unless he has something like QQ/QT/TT/66. Any draws either player can have will have bricked by the river. Possibly BB can still have a Qx but I don't mind a smaller sizing to extract value from Tx.

Vs CO river raise....given above discussion about his range, it's pretty close to a fold on river. I doubt he is raising into 2 players as a bluff very often, and most of the Qxs in his range bet the turn IP. I'd expect slowplayed boats a lot.
    • DraakG
      DraakG
      Bronze
      Hi w34z3l!

Could you please explain what you mean with "Preflop SB complete is close."?

I'm guessing it means that call was too loose or otherwise a poor play, but I'm not certain.

Thanks for the great feedback on all my hands though!

Cheers,
      DraakG
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by DraakG
      Hi w34z3l!

Could you please explain what you mean with "Preflop SB complete is close."?

I'm guessing it means that call was too loose or otherwise a poor play, but I'm not certain.

As a really general guideline completing in the small-blind is considered a weak play. Usually you should be raising your hand if it is strong enough, or folding it if it isn't.

There are tons of exception to this rule however. One exception is that the open limper is a really weak opponent and despite having a hand not strong enough to raise, you should have good implied odds and can take a flop.

Another exception is that you have a suited connector or PP and multiple players limp in meaning you have great pot-odds preflop to make the call; but probably not too much fold-equity if you were to raise vs several opponents.