DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $10.44 - VPIP: 35, PFR: 19, 3B: 5, AF: 1,3, Hands: 14162
      SB: $13.26 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 20, 3B: 8, AF: 5,3, Hands: 505
      BB: $5.00 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 0,0, Hands: 23
      Hero (UTG): $11.09 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 13, 3B: 5, AF: 2,8, Hands: 86823
      MP: $16.64 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 8, 3B: 3, AF: 2,5, Hands: 151
      CO: $12.53 - VPIP: 27, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 1,7, Hands: 14945

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with K :club: K :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 3 folds, SB raises to $1, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($5.10) 8 :club: 7 :spade: Q :heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($5.10) 6 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $2.10, Hero calls $2.10

River: ($9.30) J :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $5.30, Hero folds

Pre standard (his 3b OOP tells me that he have strong more often AA than air ) by 4b sizing I don't want to give any free tells but I think I should 4b like 2.2 to induce maybe some crazy moves from him.

Since he only call me I gave him JJ-AA and AK So on this flop I beat only AK and his air.

Turn called since he can turn into bluff sometimes his AK

River is even worst because now I only beat his air which he don't have to much when he lead river.
  • 7 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Beseventh,

Preflop, if you are expecting villain only to continue with a very tight range vs a 4bet, maybe flatting 3bet and playing in position is a better option.

On the flop I think villain will still sometimes have hands like AQ/QK. He may not even want to fold AK/JJ in a 4bet pot. Usually I'd just bet for value.

The main benefit to checking turn is deception. If you are going to play the hand like this I would definitely call both turn and river because it looks like you are quite weak, perhaps holding AK or TT yourself.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      Ok and what kind of hands we beat from range that he CC 4b OOP ? Because honestly I can't see any , ok maybe AQs but that's all.

I think best line would be. Bet , cx/call cx/fold ? Ehhhh I'm confused.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by Beseventh
      Ok and what kind of hands we beat from range that he CC 4b OOP ? Because honestly I can't see any , ok maybe AQs but that's all.
      Depends exactly what his range for calling 4bets is ofc. I've seen opponents call with stuff like KQ. Also in a 4bet pot villain is not necessarily folding JJ/AK to a cbet.

If his range is JJ+/AK and he's folding JJ/AK on the flop I guess your only option is to check back. Maybe you should fold turn then because he's probably not bluffing with AK when it's strong enough for him to take to showdown.

Why not flat preflop if you think he's responding so tightly to 4bet?
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      I dont want to lose value from hands like JJ/QQ AK preflop , Board texture is a problem not his tight 4b range. I don't mind there to stackoff pre and on Txx board.

Hmm what about : bet flop for informmation and check back turn ? and Fold to any bet on this river ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      I dont want to lose value from hands like JJ/QQ AK preflop.
      Looking at his 3bet stats it seems he 3betting a ton from the blinds, not necessarily based on the position you open raise from. By 4betting you miss value from any light hands in his range - even if individually you gain more value against very specific hands in his range by 4betting.

Hmm what about : bet flop for informmation and check back turn ? and Fold to any bet on this river ?
      If you don't think there is value on the flop you shouldn't bet, stick to your line. Personally I think there is value on the flop, I'd bet.
    • Beseventh
      Beseventh
      Bronze
      OK , you would bet how much and what are you doing on turn ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      OK , you would bet how much and what are you doing on turn ?
      I'd bet like $2.50, this leaves a shove of $6 into $10 on the turn. I really wouldn't be surprised if he ends up calling down with AK, JJ, TT, AQ/KQ. He might even bluff shove the flop vs a cbet.

Players don't give up a lot in 4bet bet pots, nor should they. You could 4bet and bet flop as a bluff, so I really think he won't just always snap fold AK on the flop when it could be doing ok vs your range.