MTT Help

• Dyl444
      Dyl444
      Basic
      Hello!

I have been grinding cash games recently but have found myself to get bored sometimes and haven't been doing so well either.

Thought I would tryout an 18 man SNG and loved it even though I finished 6th.

This made me think that maybe MTT are my thing. I always used to play that game on the PS2 ( I know it is completely different than real people).

My main question is if I have a $108 bankroll is it worth it to do 18, 27, 90, or even 180 people MTT? or profitable?

I have also read the the basic articles for it but do you suggest something else to get better on it?

Should I not do these at all and focus on doing the 9man Doubles?

Lots of questions please help!
      Dyl
  • 4 replies
    • GlitlrPS
      GlitlrPS
      Basic
      I would recommend starting out with 6max/9/18 mans with a smaller bankroll as you will automatically improve your chance at cashing (less people = higher cash rate).

This way, you can play with your 108 roll, get experience, and also build confidence because you won't go 50 games without cashing (like potentially in 180 mans for example).

Hope this helps, and best of luck!

-Matt (Glitlr)
    • Dyl444
      Dyl444
      Basic
      Thanks for the advice! I will stick to 9man and the occasional 18 then.

Any advice on how to beat these would be helpful. usually play real tight for a while and blind steal at the button if I'm holding something decent. When it gets to the bubble or itm I push or foldsince I want the win and need to double up. Not sure if I make good decisions though...

Thanks,
      Dyl
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      You should in general play pretty tight in the early stage, bet when you have it, fold when you don't, maybe steal a bit from CO and BU.

To learn push folding you should download these tools:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/8/
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/7/

I would recommend you to study until you have passed the 10 levels in ICM trainer light before you start playing (shouldn't be that hard if you try hard). After that you should be able to start playing, but still use the ICM trainer, try to take 100 hands before you restart and try again, after some time you should get 90-95% right.
    • Dyl444
      Dyl444
      Basic
      downloading right now and getting ready to grind out these 10 levels!

Thanks for the advice JCSeerup!