NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.50)
      BB ($23.40)
      UTG ($29.63)
      UTG+1 ($23.86)
      CO ($22.81)
      Hero ($20)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: 8:spade:

UTG calls $0.20, UTG+1 raises to $0.60, fold, Hero raises to $1.80, fold, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $1.20

FLOP ($4.10) A:diamond: 3:diamond: 2:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

TURN ($4.10) A:diamond: 3:diamond: 2:heart: T:heart:

UTG+1 checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($4.10) A:diamond: 3:diamond: 2:heart: T:heart: Q:diamond:

UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $1, UTG+1 folds

Hero shows Q:club: 8:spade:

Hero wins $3.90

I don't cbet because I have little equity and Ax is posible in his range. AQ hand I mean. AJ probably he should not call prelfop.

Now I think I should cbet, because I block Q so less likely AQ and there are some medium PPs like TT, JJ. He should have hard time with them on Axx.

But maybe he is calling once on this baord - Axx could be board where lot of playes bluff. Then once he calls, I cannot barrel turn becasue I don't know how likely its and ace and how likely underpair.

Turn changes not much, TT hits now.

On river he shows no strength again, I am trying to get thin value. Maybe JJ could call and thats it. Maybe its too thin and I should check.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

He is a bit too tight imo for you to 3bet Q8o. Just because he folds to 3bet 70% of the time it doesn't mean you can 3bet any two cards because if you get called you lose quite a bit plus your image deteriorates quite badly. Just stick to 3betting the best hands you cannot call with as "semi-bluff". Your frequency will not seem out of line so your bluffs will work quite often.

River vbet seems fine. I like the sizing you used. He bets Ax himself quite often so he doesn't have Qx plus good Qx also bet.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      23/20 I did not think is too tight. OK from MP his PFR is low, but then its sample problem probably, becasue from UTG his PFR is high.

Also why I 3bet is his isolation sizing - looks like thin value raise so not strong hand.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      If you think his sizing is indicative of a weaker hand that is different ofc.

@EP vs MP ranges: Some people still believe in the positional protection concept and thus think they get way more credit from UTG than from MP so they play quite wide there. It might be the case here too imo.