Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players -

MP: $10.00 - VPIP: 7, PFR: 5, 3B: 5, AF: 1,0, Hands: 57
      CO: $6.42 - VPIP: 59, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1,4, Hands: 37
      BTN: $10.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 11, 3B: 0, AF: 4,0, Hands: 19
      Hero (SB): $12.31 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 107406
      BB: $10.00 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 15, 3B: 15, AF: 3,0, Hands: 48
      UTG: $37.44 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 2,1, Hands: 122

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with A :spade: Q :spade:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.35, 2 folds He's isolating the fish imo, so his range could be wide here. I want to keep the fish in the pot+my hand is good even in MWPs, so calling.

Flop: ($1.00) A :diamond: 5 :club: 4 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.63, Hero calls $0.63
      PPl bluff on A-h boards always, let him.

Turn: ($2.26) 2 :club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BTN raises to $1.80, Hero raises to $4.60 I was thinking: I'm going to represent a draw with the blocking bet, and he can continue his story with a raise with a weak hand. After it I have to 3b, because there are 2 FDs on the board. I dont expect him to call with weaker hands (maybe with FDs), but I want to get max value. I'm pretty sure I'm ahead here, only AK, AA would pose a real threat, but given I have one A, and one is on the board, it's much more likely he has a weak hand.
  • 8 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop I would make it 5bb.

Just bet yourself on the flop here. By checking here we give him the opportunity to check back and take a free card so we lose value.
      Also he doesn't look aggressive at all.

I don't like your turn play as well. Overall you are just leveling yourself.
      I would bet around 2/3 pot here.
      As played, I would likely fold here. We are beat by all A2-A5, also a couple of other two pairs and straights, and he looks passive so I'd just fold here.

Overall, just play straight forward here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Hello,

Preflop I would make it 5bb.

Just bet yourself on the flop here. By checking here we give him the opportunity to check back and take a free card so we lose value.
      Also he doesn't look aggressive at all.

I don't like your turn play as well. Overall you are just leveling yourself.
      I would bet around 2/3 pot here.
      As played, I would likely fold here. We are beat by all A2-A5, also a couple of other two pairs and straights, and he looks passive so I'd just fold here.

Overall, just play straight forward here.

Best,
      Plamen
      I called preflop, not openraised :P
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Isn't it better to call pre-flop in this spot? Because as OP says, fish stays in the hand, and BU stays with weaker aces? Just thinking if we raise, and fish is call happy, he calls our 3bet, then BU has ok odds to call in position, and we end up with a big pot and not such a big hand OOP?
      About donking: won't we be chasing away possibles bluffs here? A worse Ace is always betting, also bluffs and draws many times. If we donk, then we only leave the worse Aces and strong draws?
      On turn, I agree: I think it is a horrible draw to bluff induce :f_frown:
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      LOL, yeah, my bad.

Here preflop I would usually prefer 3betting here.
      Calling looks like a good option as well, to keep the fish in the hand, but we are going to be OOP, so I would usually prefer 3betting.

Postflop, I think check/calling the flop is fine. Donking won't be a good option on this board since we expect him to cbet his entire range here.

As played, I'd check/call the turn as well.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      LOL, yeah, my bad.

Here preflop I would usually prefer 3betting here.
      Calling looks like a good option as well, to keep the fish in the hand, but we are going to be OOP, so I would usually prefer 3betting.

Postflop, I think check/calling the flop is fine. Donking won't be a good option on this board since we expect him to cbet his entire range here.

As played, I'd check/call the turn as well.
      Why do you think, that EV (ch/c turn)>EV(donk.raise turn) ?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Because:
      - I don't expect him to raise as a bluff but he might do it if we check
      - I don't expect him to raise with a draw
      - I don't expect him to continue with worse after we 3bet.

Having this said, if we go for a donk we should make it around 3/4 pot and when he raises we are usually beat in this spot.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1