Bronze
      another bad hand..

Poker Room skin
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
      9 players
      Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) PHullHand is Button with A K
      6 folds, PHullHand raises to $0.4, SB folds, BB raises to $1, PHullHand raises all-in $2.69, BB calls.

Flop: Q 8 8 ($, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Turn: 2 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

River: 2 ($0, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $)

Results:
      Final pot: $0
  • 8 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      The play is good preflop. However I don't like your stack (27BB) as you have to leave whenever you have acquired $2.5 on this limit. ;)
    • phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      first of all, thank you very much for all your answers!!

now I have one question.. I know I should leave the table when I got more than 25BB (I'll do this next time!), but I'm thinking that will delay a long time to reach another level if I grow up $0.5 by $0.5... Am I right?!

best regards!
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by phullhand
      but I'm thinking that will delay a long time to reach another level if I grow up $0.5 by $0.5... Am I right?!
      I don't really know what you mean with this but I will tell the general thing:

If you are feeling confident enough and experienced, you can play with any hand on the SHC. Just do not go on tilt if you lost it all - it happens when you choose to play.

SSS doesn't really work if you have more than 25BB, people wont see you as shortstacked anymore
    • phullhand
      phullhand
      Bronze
      actually my doubt is: playing SSS I'll reach bigger levels ($1/$2 or $5/$10)?? because I don't fell that $0.50 by $0.50 (following the rule, when I got 25BB I have to move to another table..) its possible to save enough money...
    • DeKuip
      DeKuip
      Bronze
      SSS is based on lots of maths, and those maths are based on your stacksize.
      That's why they've created the rule to leave the table with 25BB and to rebuy with 15BB left.
      Reaching the higher limits can take a while of course, but if you just stick to the strategy you'll get there. I prefer to win 5BB and leave the table, than to lose 20BB after an all-in.

On NL10 things won't go fast, but it's a good idea to start thinknig in BB instead of $$$. Because 5BB is just good :)
    • meredori
      meredori
      Bronze
      phullhand you have lost the concept.

You do not just win .50 each time. Consider it like this.

You play 4 tables

$2.00
      $2.00
      $2.00
      $2.00

You get a good hand first up and go all-in vs 1 on the first table at $2.00

You get a good hand and go all-in vs 2 after your money went down to $1.85 on the second.

You suffer bad beats on the last 2.

Now that means you have $4.00 on the first table and $5.55 on the second.

Making a total profit of $1.55 over 4 tables $8.00 to buy onto the table anf $9.55 as your leaving amount. (That is including 2 bad beats and a loss)

Now if you kept on with your $5.55 you are risking that much every hand, because SSS has the principal of going all-in often.

BUT most importantly you need to realise that there was no .50 win listed. You either double up or bust. And I would rather bust with $2.00 than with $5.55.

You move your way slowly up the limits SAFELY. That is the key to this, safety!

You have completely missed the concept. I rarely leave a table with around 25BB (Not because I play on after but because it's more often a double up so I leave with 30+BB).
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      1. Nice hand.

2. SSS is meant for multitabling, which means you can play it with 10+ tables when you get some practice and knowledge. But this means, you have to play by the book, in all aspects of the strategy, because it is made to be +EV, but you can ruin this fast if you don't do it correctly.

You can change and optimize some moves, but for something like that you need a lot to know about the poker in general, poker math, need gameplay experience... ...but from your status I believe you are still a beginner and should follow the strategy untill you understand it well and the base on which it's build. So, I would advice you to take time before moving up in limits and use it to learn as much as you can and not worry so much about when you will move up

P.S.: When playing 1000+ hands/hour you can make quite some also by .50$ + .50$ + .50$ + ... ;)
    • ysessa
      ysessa
      Basic
      Hi phullhand,

you should stick to basic sss and leave the table with 25bb, anyway according to basic strat nice hand.

Best Regards

Ysessa