[NL2-NL10] bb T9s

• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 2112568
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

SB: $13.41 - VPIP: 61, PFR: 16, 3B: 7, AF: 3,8, Hands: 97, donk:29%(dont know what he donks with), he 2ndbarreldonked 2/2 before
      Hero (BB): $10.00 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 107406
      UTG: $12.01 - VPIP: 10, PFR: 4, 3B: 0, AF: 0,6, Hands: 52
      CO: $15.92 - VPIP: 20, PFR: 18, 3B: 5, AF: 3,0, Hands: 94
      BTN: $21.74 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 24, 3B: 17, AF: 9,0, Hands: 83,

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BB with 9 :spade: T :spade:
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.30, SB calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.90) K :spade: J :spade: 5 :club: (3 players)
      SB bets $0.70, Hero?
      BU has a wide range here imo, I think we can call this, because we have position, and villain looksl ike 2ndbarrel happy, so we have implied odds.
      Or raise for FE with out huge equity?
  • 9 replies
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      Regarding the idea of playing a draw: I just wanted to say that if I SB likes to second barrel, then I think it is not that good to have draws in my hand, as I won't be able to get a free card to see to the river. Just to mention that my logic there goes towards leaving a hand more than sticking with it.

About what to do on the flop I think I tend to fold unless I know my villains. Reason is that I am being sandwiched, SB seems strong, BU hasn't acted yet and seems pretty aggressive, and my draw might not even be that good. I think I will find it too hard to play unless I can see a turn taking the initiative and in position. For this I should raise the flop as you mention. However, I don't like to raise in this spot unless I feel I have FE here as my hand does not have a piece of showdown value (AsTs, for example, might be different...just). In any case I'd like to know who I am playing if I go for the raise. In general I find the situation pretty awkward so I might just go and fold it...Interested to see what HJ says as it is one of the tricky spots for me :f_confused:
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Preflop calling is fine.

On the flop I think folding is way too weak here. This is one of the best boards for us and if we fold here then just fold preflop.
      I don't really like raising either - I don't think we have a lot of fold equity here against SB and by raising we are aiming mostly for that - to make him fold and have decent equity if get called.
      So, I would usually call his donk here and reevaluate on the turn.

Best,
      Plamen
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      I like this hand, so I will extract as much as I can if you don't mind :D

If we call and BU raise I assume we throw away the hand?
      As SB likes second barreling, do we call second barrel on turn (assuming we didn't hit): a) 3 way b) 2 way ?
    • MisClick
      MisClick
      Bronze
      (sorry, forgot to click the advise button in the post above)
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      It's cool that you have questions.

So, if BU raises here, it quite much depends on his sizing and whether or not SB is continuing.
      Basically, I don't expect BU to raise draws here (unless he has AsQs) so I think we can call here if we are given good odds.

If we call and miss on the turn, I would fold against a bet if we are three way, but I'd call in heads up pot.
      This depends on the odds of course.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      It's cool that you have questions.

So, if BU raises here, it quite much depends on his sizing and whether or not SB is continuing.
      Basically, I don't expect BU to raise draws here (unless he has AsQs) so I think we can call here if we are given good odds.

If we call and miss on the turn, I would fold against a bet if we are three way, but I'd call in heads up pot.
      This depends on the odds of course.
      Why would you fold 3way, and call HU?
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Because if we are three-way we are in a sandwich which means we still have a player behind left to act, who could easily have a better draw (Qsxs/Asxs) which means we would have reversed implied odds.

If we are heads up against the potentially fishy guy I have no problems calling the turn since I expect us to have a lot of implied odds.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kymupa
      Because if we are three-way we are in a sandwich which means we still have a player behind left to act, who could easily have a better draw (Qsxs/Asxs) which means we would have reversed implied odds.

If we are heads up against the potentially fishy guy I have no problems calling the turn since I expect us to have a lot of implied odds.
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1