This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 - AJ - SB vs BTN - turn?! [13.02.21]

• DavidDorky
      DavidDorky
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      PokerStars
      4 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      CO ($12.29) 123bb
      BTN ($12.22) 122bb
      SB ($10.94) 109bb
      DavidDorky (BB) ($10) 100bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 4 players) DavidDorky is BB J:spade: A:heart:
      1 fold, BTN raises to $0.40, 1 fold, DavidDorky calls $0.30

Flop: Q:heart: Q:spade: 2:diamond: ($0.85, 2 players)
      DavidDorky checks, BTN checks

Turn: 9:heart: ($0.85, 2 players)
      DavidDorky bets $0.60, BTN raises to $1.70, DavidDorky???
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      BTN: 23/17/1.8 ,52% CB, 25% T AFQ, 32 WTSD - 27k h

What is the best move here?

What is villains range?

A reraise/fold here is too agressive option?
  • 2 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey DavidDorky,

Preflop call is ok. As for villains opening range it will be history-based. If he usually makes it 4x from the button (most players don't) then you gain no info. If he usually makes it 2.5x/3x, AJ may not even be in good shape vs his range.

On the turn I would usually just assume villain has a slowplayed Qx or 99 when he raises. He is not doing this with TT,JJ or lower PPs.

However if he's a good regular he may also have stuff like flush-draws, TJ, KhJh, that he is semi-bluff raising this way. Normally I would assume this isn't the case unless I had reads on villain.

You have 27k hands on villain - can you not give more info about villain's tendencies? You should know his range better than me with that amount of hands ;)

I would always fold in this spot. Villain is not folding his nuts and he's probably not folding his draws either.
    • DavidDorky
      DavidDorky
      Bronze
      Originally posted by w34z3l
      I would always fold in this spot. Villain is not folding his nuts and he's probably not folding his draws either.
      Thank you for the answer! :)