Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG needforspeeed ($7.58)
      CO billabigbang ($13.84)
      BTN SpearKane ($4.32)
      SB feeige ($10.07)
      BB Hero ($18.74)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB
      1 fold, [color:#272BA6]billabigbang raises to $0.40[/color], 1 fold, [color:#B93238]feeige calls $0.35[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.30[/color]

Flop: ($1.20, 3 players)
      feeige checks, [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $0.90[/color], [color:#272BA6]billabigbang raises to $3.90[/color], feeige folds, [color:#B93238]Hero calls $3[/color]

Turn: ($9, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#272BA6]billabigbang bets $4.50[/color], Hero folds

Final Pot: $13.50

Stats: 43/16.6/3.4/47 (vpip/pfr/af/wts) with 84 hands

Even though his PfR range is ahead QJs, I saw him raising on the last hand with A6o and I had good odds because SB called. Even so I think I should have folded it, I was oop.

On the flop I decided to donkbet because I was oop and I was up against 2 opponents (I didnt want to check/call, he could 2nd barrel me and he'd create a big pot where I can be beat against KJ or AJ already. Check/raise is an option though, but TPGK isn't that strong to do it I guess). He raised me but on NL10 many players get offended by a donkbet and raise with air, but then again I think I should have folded it because I was oop...

On the turn he insists and he probably doesn't have air here, and whatever he got beats me, so I fold.

My main questions is whether I should have called or folded preflop, and is donkbetting that bad like the name says? I usually do it on 3way pot with TPGK or TPTK so I don't give a freecard if the initial raiser decides not to cbet and I can take the pot right there.
  • 2 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I think you should have folded preflop, except you were speculating on straight or flush. But I think that is rarely a good idea vs a raise.

After he reraised you on flop I would have folded right away. You're usually beat there.

gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      you cam raise qjs here or you can fold it but i would stick to folding it for now .
      i would try to take a pot control line and show down the hand .
      i dont like to donk hands like tpgk unless i am sure i want to go ai with them because otherwise you dont know what to do when you are facing a raise .
      as played i would give up to his big raise on that drawy board because he most likely has a big draw or has you beat .
      gl