This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL10 SH - QJs on the blinds

• Tosh5457
      Tosh5457
      Bronze
      $0.05/$0.1 No Limit Holdem
      5 players
      Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG needforspeeed ($7.58)
      CO billabigbang ($13.84)
      BTN SpearKane ($4.32)
      SB feeige ($10.07)
      BB Hero ($18.74)

Pre-flop: ($0.15, 5 players) Hero is BB
      1 fold, [color:#272BA6]billabigbang raises to $0.40[/color], 1 fold, [color:#B93238]feeige calls $0.35[/color], [color:#B93238]Hero calls $0.30[/color]

Flop: ($1.20, 3 players)
      feeige checks, [color:#272BA6]Hero bets $0.90[/color], [color:#272BA6]billabigbang raises to $3.90[/color], feeige folds, [color:#B93238]Hero calls $3[/color]

Turn: ($9, 2 players)
      Hero checks, [color:#272BA6]billabigbang bets $4.50[/color], Hero folds

Final Pot: $13.50

Stats: 43/16.6/3.4/47 (vpip/pfr/af/wts) with 84 hands

Even though his PfR range is ahead QJs, I saw him raising on the last hand with A6o and I had good odds because SB called. Even so I think I should have folded it, I was oop.

On the flop I decided to donkbet because I was oop and I was up against 2 opponents (I didnt want to check/call, he could 2nd barrel me and he'd create a big pot where I can be beat against KJ or AJ already. Check/raise is an option though, but TPGK isn't that strong to do it I guess). He raised me but on NL10 many players get offended by a donkbet and raise with air, but then again I think I should have folded it because I was oop...

On the turn he insists and he probably doesn't have air here, and whatever he got beats me, so I fold.

My main questions is whether I should have called or folded preflop, and is donkbetting that bad like the name says? I usually do it on 3way pot with TPGK or TPTK so I don't give a freecard if the initial raiser decides not to cbet and I can take the pot right there.
  • 2 replies
    • generals007
      generals007
      Bronze
      I think you should have folded preflop, except you were speculating on straight or flush. But I think that is rarely a good idea vs a raise.

After he reraised you on flop I would have folded right away. You're usually beat there.

gen
    • srohack
      srohack
      Bronze
      hi
      you cam raise qjs here or you can fold it but i would stick to folding it for now .
      i would try to take a pot control line and show down the hand .
      i dont like to donk hands like tpgk unless i am sure i want to go ai with them because otherwise you dont know what to do when you are facing a raise .
      as played i would give up to his big raise on that drawy board because he most likely has a big draw or has you beat .
      gl