Level Up (Down again)

• Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      So, after spending some months playing SSS, and getting my BR from $50 to $120, I decided to switch to Fixed Limit, played 0.10/0.20 until I got $150, moved up to 0.25/0.50... nice downswing... again 0.10/0.20, moved up to 0.25/0.50 for second time (on July 2nd) and managed to stay there. :P

Played some 12k hands there now, today I made a little excursion into 0.50/1.00 with $280 BR (playing only 2/2 available 0.25/0.50 FR tables on Titan sucks), and got to $300 in some 200 hands (nice fishes up there). :D

So, now I have the roll for 0.50/1.00 FR, and I think I'll play there until I get to $600, then I'll move up to 1/2 FR, and play until I hit 500 BB ($1000), and switch to SH, before moving up further.

Considering the platform I play at (Titan), and the fishiness of the opponents at each level, is my plan all-right, or should I change something?

Any comments appreciated. :)
  • 6 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Amirapuato,

nicely done. Keep it up. :)

I would suggest you do switch faster to SH. But just take a look at 1/2$ FR and if you don't find good tables just start with SH (at 0,5/1$).
      (Don't choose Titanpoker for that as beating the rake is very hard at 0,5/1$. For 1/$ it's fine.)
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Thanks ciRith. :)
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Well Amirapuato

I play with you quite often, you do play rather well congrats on your excursion to $.50-$1. I don't have your stats handy at work however you do play pretty tight. Becarful with the SH play is extremely swingy with the high variance.

If your winning at full ring there need to be no rush to switch to SH play. The good thing for the switch is that the summer time bonus rake back deal helps out alot.

Titan has to have the worst players in the world playing at the micro levels anyways, I wish you continued success at the table vs everyone esle but me of coarse. :)
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Thanks FrozenRope, nice to know there are other PS players out there (micros on Titan). :)
    • FrozenRope
      FrozenRope
      Bronze
      Played with you again tonight your stats look good for FR played so far 852 hands so pretty good sample size.

VPIP 15% PFR 9% WTSD 46% W$SD 54% I do have you at -$25.15 while playing with me. Sure you do much better with out me. :) , Raised me off a hand when you had AJs Flush draw, gave you alittle to much respect I had TT and would have certainly beat the donk that called with 44, such is life though

you did raise UTG with AJo and catch lucky, ended with quads so nice result.

Keep up the great work. You should join in on IRC, I'm there every night and some days well anytime Im playing anyways. Lots of great players from the community are in the chat all the time, coaches as well from time to time.

#pokerstrategy-en on the QuakeNet
    • Amirapuato
      Amirapuato
      Bronze
      Well... First serious shot at 0.50/1.00 FR did go as hell. :(

My stats over the 1465 hands I played:

VP$IP: 13.3 %
      PFR: 9.6 %
      WTS: 35.7 %
      W$SD: 50.0 %

AF: 1.59
      ATS: 31.3 %
      FoldBB: 62.5 %
      FoldSB: 100 %

BB/100: -4.05 :rolleyes:

So, having 230 BB for 0.50/1.00, I'm moving down to 0.25/0.50 for a while, at least until I recover my confidence. :evil:

I think I didn't play bad, I'll post about 15-20 hands for review, I just kept running into bad beats, or hands were I was dominated or drawing dead.

The best hand of the day (as mentioned by FrozenRope):

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A:club: , J:diamond:
      UTG folds, Hero raises, 7 folds, BB calls. <- I thought I was UTG+2.

Flop: (4.50 SB) A:heart: , 2:club: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) T:diamond: (2 players)

River: (5.25 BB) A:spade: (2 players)

Final Pot: 7.25 BB

And another one, when lucked out on the river:

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8:diamond: , 4:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.50.
      5 folds, CO checks, 2 folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) 8:club: , 3:heart: , J:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO calls.

Turn: (2.25 BB) 6:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO calls.

River: (4.25 BB) 4:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets, CO raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.25 BB

CO shows a straight, six high (5c 2c) :O

Well, I'll keep grinding 0.25/0.50 FR for a while. :)

PD. I'll be joining IRC next time I play. :P