Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($24.27) 121bb
      CO ($19.70) 99bb
      BTN ($20) 100bb
      SB ($27.58) 138bb
      hero (BB) ($21.19) 106bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.30, 5 players) hero is BB A J
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, SB calls $0.50, hero raises to $2.60, BTN calls $2, SB folds

I can't 3B against BU for value but SB can still call. I don't like calling with this hand since i would be oop in a 3way pot w/o init.

Flop: 4 A Q ($5.80, 2 players)
      hero bets $3.20, BTN raises to $7.20, hero??

BU range should be mostly midpairs and AQ and i can still get value otf from his midpairs.
      I don't think he bluffraises so i folded.
  • 3 replies
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      Calling would be fine. Although oop on the initial raiser, even if he does cbet, you get to see what SB does before you act. If you were in small blind it would be more awkward as BB recreational player would overcall. But still, in either position I think calling with AJs or even AJo is more than fine. You have both ranges dominated.

I think you can defo 3bet for value as well - and in this spot it is better than calling imo. Even if button only calls AJo,AQo,ATs, QJs-T9s, KTs 66+, you still have good equity vs this range and the recreational player will call with all sorts that you have dominated.

After being raised - his raise cb is 33% from a small sample. I assume these stats are including this hand. 33% is very high but given sample, we basically don't know what he is doing it with.

Given no further reads or information I think a fold is fine.

This should be AQ or gutshots which means you could call flop then check fold turn assuming hes not aggro enough to barrel his gutshots.

Folding flop is fine too imo, especially if you dont 3bet/cbet much. If your 3bet is high and your cbet high then im more inclined to call at least one but we will get owned by aggro guys who barrel turns with gutshots..
    • chocular77
      chocular77
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Desultory I think calling with AJs or even AJo is more than fine. You have both ranges dominated.
      Thanks that you pointed that out.
      I rarely call in this spots but i guess it's possible.
      Especially if the SB is something like a 40/12 player who can fold to 3B a call will be better.

Wasn't too aggressive with 3B on this table so i think he won't make too much moves.
      With the fish in the SB he should give me a stronger range because i won't bluff sqz much.
    • Desultory
      Desultory
      Basic
      Yep, what you say is true. But it wouldn't surprise me if he still has Gutshots in his range. people love to be aggro these days. Still, we don't know this for certain, so you played it well.