NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.35)
      Hero ($20.55)
      UTG ($46.96)
      UTG+1 ($37.89)
      CO ($20.70)
      BTN ($35.65)

Dealt to Hero K:diamond: Q:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.40, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.60, UTG calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.30) Q:heart: J:diamond: 4:club:

Hero checks, UTG bets $1.60, Hero calls $1.60

TURN ($6.50) Q:heart: J:diamond: 4:club: 5:heart:

Hero checks, UTG bets $3.20, Hero calls $3.20

RIVER ($12.90) Q:heart: J:diamond: 4:club: 5:heart: 9:heart:

Hero checks, UTG checks

50/30 or something like that over about 30h

This can be agro fish because minrasies UTG. I 3bet for value.

I decided to c/c to let him bluff in position. BUt I might be missing value from his weaker queens if he checks.

So what do you think? I think he can have hands like Q8o in preflop calling range if he is fish.

Also Jx can as well pay 3 streets.

But also there is lot of hands which not hit and often when you do not cbet people like to take down.

River no need to donkbet because it will look too strong. So better as played to miss value when he check behind I think.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I lilke your line. You don't have great info on his but we can make a smart guess imo and say he will play a 'pretty' range from UTG meaning your KQ is not a powerhouse on that board. If you had AA you get value from way more Qx but now you block quite a few Qx, you block KJ a bit as well so you don't really get much value from worse hands, probably not for more than a street.

Furthermore, this is the type of board I would also give up some of the time. I think checking your hand here 50% of the time with the plan of calling is fine. Basically, betting is clearly +EV but so is checking so it becomes a question of how you want to construct your range. If you think he calls down so weak as Q8o then vbet and play for stacks. Otherwise, checking becomes more and more viable.

Like you mentioned, you almost always get a stab when you check here so you do get some money in on the flop very often imo.