Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($21.81)
      BB ($17)
      UTG ($20)
      Hero ($34.49)
      BTN ($26.41)

Dealt to Hero 7:club: 7:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN raises to $1, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.40

FLOP ($2.30) 3:spade: 9:club: 6:heart:

Hero checks, BTN checks

TURN ($2.30) 3:spade: 9:club: 6:heart: 3:diamond:

Hero bets $1.50, BTN calls $1.50

RIVER ($5.30) 3:spade: 9:club: 6:heart: 3:diamond: A:diamond:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.85, Hero calls $1.85

49/32/1.1, 3bet 8.3, cbet 50 (8), agg. freq river 40 (10), 66h

flop - let him cbet. Will know if he has something or not.

He did not cbet, so can be missed flop. I bet myself. Not sure if there is much value, maybe he can call with overcards. I don't need protect my equity on such board vs overcards I think.

ON river no bet because no value. He bets small and has aggression frequency not taht low so far on river and A looks like bluff card, so I call.

Is that ok? I am trying to find spots to bluff catch, but so far my W$SD decreases, last time I chekced I remember its 49 or something.
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

When you bet turn and think he calls with some overcards, what are those overs he can call with? In my view they are usually A highs that float you. I think betting turns is marginal but it's a question of what your general gameplan is. If you plan on stabbing often you can include more thin value hands in your range. If you don't, I prefer checking and playing rivers knowing the opponent's range is some A highs and some other broadways, meaning you know what to do on just about any card.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      If you plan on stabbing often you can include more thin value hands in your range.

by stabbing - you mean - if I bet turn, I have to turn into bluff on rivers? But then - if I turn into a bluff - broadway which hits does not fold. If it does not hit - I have showdown value so why turn it into a bluff? I can pay same price by blfufcatching and win money from his bluffs instead of getting folds.

. If you don't, I prefer checking and playing rivers knowing the opponent's range is some A highs and some other broadways, meaning you know what to do on just about any card.

not too sure actually if I know:) but I guess I check turn to call river on many cards. But then - if there is Q, K, A - I have to fold, because as you say there are many broadways?
    • Mantelo
      Mantelo
      Silver
      You could include if villains min3bet pre is standard or is it the 1st time :)
      I would also bet Turn for protection - no need to give him free cards. And I would bet River as well if no A or K shows up (in most cases people tend to check back AK for pot control). But as an Ace comes on the river, I would probably make a crying fold (These small bets rarely are bluffs). You probably don't have many showdown cards of him after 66 hands, but any previous betting pattern might change my decision. Sėkmės :diamond:
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Mantelo
      You probably don't have many showdown cards of him after 66 hands, but any previous betting pattern might change my decision. Sėkmės :diamond:
      Well said! This is a piece of information impossible to quantify in hand evaluations. Any small pattern can drastically change the 'close' decisions.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Gold
      filtered his hands, and saw that he makes small value bets in 4bet pot OOP
      also does not cbet - c/c w 44 on KQx check turn, c/c river

So we can assume on river this could easily be for value. But I did not have those notes in game, so thats the problem.

You could include if villains min3bet pre is standard or is it the 1st time

did not pay attention to that also :) but more likely it was first time.

I would also bet Turn for protection - no need to give him free cards.

he is not having that much equity with ovecards so we should not worry I think.

I tried with equilad - assumeing he has AK, so then he has only 13%

I would probably make a crying fold (These small bets rarely are bluffs).

yeah, actually did not think about that. Those high bets really are more likley a bluffs in reality.