• Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $14.81 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 16, 3B: 4, AF: 2,0, Hands: 108116
      CO: $7.73 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 12, 3B: 6, AF: 0,3, Hands: 43
      BTN: $10.00 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 28, 3B: 10, AF: 0,0, Hands: 18
      SB: $17.56 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 15, 3B: 6, AF: 4,3, Hands: 157, first time I see him donking, cc:15%
      BB: $10.15 - VPIP: 15, PFR: 15, 3B: 0, AF: 3,0, Hands: 27

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with K :heart: Q :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 9 :heart: 5 :heart: 2 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40 Can I raise for value? With K-high FD, not likely, I mean, even A-high FD is ahead, and I dont think it's going to fold. Set beat me... I mean, cant really bet fr value, maybe vs worse FDs, but that's all.
      Can I raise as a bluff? Possibly vs mpps.
      Ah, I just cant think of a good reason to raise here, hence calling.

Turn: ($1.50) K :diamond: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.00, Hero calls $1 The fact that I cant put him on a range really makes it difficult to do anyrthing.... can I raise for value? Vs A-high FDs, but sets really beat me, so not really... dead money? well, I have showdown value now, so not needed I think

River: ($3.50) T :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50
  • 9 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with your flop analysis.

On the turn I think we can now raise for thin value as he may even donk worse pairs that can call us here. It's thin because we can't really go broke here (on the turn) and there's not a ton of worse that can call but I think he has enough.

I would make it small enough to be allow him to call a wider range. So 2.5-3x is good.

As played his hand really looks like a pair under K or Kx so we can even consider raise folding for thin value.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Imimba,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I agree with your flop analysis.

On the turn I think we can now raise for thin value as he may even donk worse pairs that can call us here. It's thin because we can't really go broke here (on the turn) and there's not a ton of worse that can call but I think he has enough.

I would make it small enough to be allow him to call a wider range. So 2.5-3x is good.

As played his hand really looks like a pair under K or Kx so we can even consider raise folding for thin value.
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      What would be your plan OTF with A :heart: Q :heart: ?
      raise/broke?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Imimba1
      What would be your plan OTF with A :heart: Q :heart: ?
      raise/broke?
      Raising is definitely a good idea with AQhh with two overs and NFD. And we would be going broke in most cases.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      +1
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      He doesnt have a set, because of the small bet sizes?

After turn, it's pretty obvious he's weak, and that is why we can raise for value.
      If he would bet 90% both on flop, and turn, we couldnt raise for value on the turn, rather call it.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      He doesnt have a set, because of the small bet sizes?

After turn, it's pretty obvious he's weak, and that is why we can raise for value.
      If he would bet 90% both on flop, and turn, we couldnt raise for value on the turn, rather call it.
      While his bet size could be an indication of a weaker hand I wouldn't discount sets entirely.

Some people bet them smaller to keep you in. But I agree that on average he won't have many.
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      I'd still play the same way. I mean, would TT, or 88 call a raise OTT?
      I honestly cant imagine it. I honestly feel, that we isolate ourselves pretty much. Maybe A-h FDs could call, or worse FDs, but really hard to raise for value.
      What hands do you want to get value by raising turn?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I'd still play the same way. I mean, would TT, or 88 call a raise OTT?
      I honestly cant imagine it. I honestly feel, that we isolate ourselves pretty much. Maybe A-h FDs could call, or worse FDs, but really hard to raise for value.
      What hands do you want to get value by raising turn?
      If this was a scenario where he cbet I'd agree but he donked which means that he may expect a raise from you at some point. And some people do call there. If you really can't see him calling then we call again but don't forget you are just letting his draws see it cheaper and they are a decent part of his range.