Find the leaks

• G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze

7k+ hands filtered for 5-6 players
      I'm losing 2.07BB/100 here

WTS and vpip is too high right?

I think I'm playing according to the starthandchart, so I don't really understand the high vpip.
  • 13 replies
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      VIP looks standard i think.

WTSD is really high yeah.

But i'm also trying to learn so let's wait for some experts.

Tried for the first time SH also and over 1630 hands i have:

23.9% VPIP
      15.1% PFR
      37.1% W$WSF
      38.6% WTSD
      47.5% W$SD
      2.31 AF
      6.1% 3-bet
      3% fold to 3-bet (too much different from yours :O )
      35.5% ATS
      66% BB fold to steal
      86.4% SB fold to steal

I also had a huge downswing this session and ended up with -80BB. After running pokerEV i found out that my EV was -15$.

Btw how do you have such a high 3-bet fold?
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by marcof3
      Btw how do you have such a high 3-bet fold?
      I don't know, I have no clue what that stat represents tbh..

pokerEV doesn't really work with FL games, unless I really run 660$ under EV, but that's rather unlikely.
    • masfe
      masfe
      Bronze
      yeah i think u are right but when there are a huge diference probably means something
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      LOL

Looks like all of us trying to go to 1/2 have problems this summer...You, Dippy, me :)
      But 7000 hands tell nothing. I think i allways hit like 3000 hands downswing than 5-10k flat run and then it starts going back again slowly when i move up in limits.

For comparison i will post my graph so far:

I think VPIP will go up a tiny bit by increase of hands, and so will pfr and AF and hopefully allso W$@SD :D

But like i said: too small sample size. Lets post again when we reach 30k hands.
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      G1lius: your fold BB to steal raise is too low.. It means you play 60% of your BB hands against stealer what is too much => higher VPIP
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi G1lius,

your WTS is way to high for this limit. I think 35-37 should be fine right now.
      Also your folded BB to steal is to low as well as the SB. The opponents aren't that aggressive that you can call so much. (It may very well that you just had a lot good starting hands so don't overrate this yet. :) )

Fold 3-bet either tells you how often you fold when 3-bet ahead of you or when raised by you and 3-bet (well this should be 0% ^^). Or I'm completly wrong. :D
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      Hi G1lius,

your WTS is way to high for this limit. I think 35-37 should be fine right now.
      Also your folded BB to steal is to low as well as the SB. The opponents aren't that aggressive that you can call so much. (It may very well that you just had a lot good starting hands so don't overrate this yet. :) )

Fold 3-bet either tells you how often you fold when 3-bet ahead of you or when raised by you and 3-bet (well this should be 0% ^^). Or I'm completly wrong. :D
      I'm working on the WTS, last couple of days it was pretty low. I think I was calling too much down with marginal hands when someone shows aggresion.
      But then again, I'm running pretty hot at the moment, so I'll see after a week or so...

I don't really get why I should have a higher fold to steal... If I put in the defending range from the chart against a BU-raise I get 56%. Add the few times you have odds to call with any two suited, and you're very easy at 60%
      Should I tighten more up against 14-15 PFR players?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      The steal values have the CO openraises in it as well so the stats should be lower. Additionally most players aren't that aggresseive as the ORC at this limit which makes you call even less. :)
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Hmmm, i think there are allways at least 2 out of 5 opponents with pfr more than 25% and steal 40-50% and more on 1/2 FL SH.
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Maybe I am playing the bet+call wrong...

if there's a bet and call in front, shouldn't I go by the chart number 4 on the aprox charts?
      BB vs. ORC still is the same right?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      tomzyb that is why I always say that you shouldn't play for getting nice looking stats. If yo uplay good your stats will look good as well but this doesn't mean that if your stats look good that you play good.
      If you know the attemp to steal you play by it and if your defend is lower than this is ok.
      The standard would be 50-55/80-85 if you play against ORC players.
      If your stats are different this either means that you play against more aggressive players (as you mentioned) or that you defend to much.
      If you are not sure about it just post hands with preflop decisions (add statss else this wouldn't make sense) or record a video. With a video we can see hands which you don't even notice if they played wrong.
      If you post PFR only hands then posting 3 hands in one thread is ok (please remove the postflop action in this case or post these postflop important hands seperatly).

G1lius to what are you refereing? Chart 4 is only for the weaker holdings. There are AXo and pocketpairs listed but it should be clear that you don't play AA or AK by chart 4. :)
    • G1lius
      G1lius
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ciRith
      G1lius to what are you refereing? Chart 4 is only for the weaker holdings. There are AXo and pocketpairs listed but it should be clear that you don't play AA or AK by chart 4. :)
      But you do call J4s when MP2 raised and getting 5.5 to 1 odds, right?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      In the BB yes. Elsewhere I fold it as it as a very bad hand and the J is often dominated and the 4 a bad pair.