This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 SH, squeezing big with AKo

• dienaszaglis
      dienaszaglis
      Bronze
      $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Holdem
      PartyPoker
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($1.04) 26bb
      CO ($6.21) 155bb
      BTN ($4.35) 109bb
      HERO (SB) ($4.34) 109bb
      BB ($2.10) 53bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.06, 5 players) HERO is SB A:heart: K:diamond:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.24, BTN calls $0.24, HERO raises to $1.04, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.88, BTN folds, HERO?

Villain is 47/18, 120h

6x is not his standard open-raise sizing, in this spot his range might be something like TT+, AQ+

My plan generally is to go broke here - villain is definitely stacking off lighter in squeezed pot. But his 4-bet size confuses me. I already invested 1/4 of my stack, but considering his sizing, looks like he`s got KK+.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey dienaszaglis,

I agree he's probably pretty strong with his 6x open. This can easily mean KK/AA only for some players. I think squeezing + allin is too loose in this spot.
      Folding preflop is perfectly legitimate in these spots where players randomly make it 6x. Flat calling and hoping to play a smaller pot multiway is ok also.

After you've already raised, it depends on what you think his range is. If his range is KK+ you should fold. If his range is KK+/AK or wider you should probably just get the money in.