MP: $21.31 (106.5 bb)
      Hero (CO): $32.59 (163 bb)
      BTN: $34.24 (171.2 bb)
      SB: $36.56 (182.8 bb)
      BB: $17.60 (88 bb)
      UTG: $25.39 (127 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A:club: T:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BTN calls $0.60, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.50) Q:club: 2:club: 6:heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, BTN calls $1.10

Turn: ($3.70) K:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.80, BTN raises to $7.30, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($18.30) K:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $10.90, Hero calls $10.90

vs PSB I would fold he seem like set on T so just fold? He can't have two pairs and nothing else play like that
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

He can have KQ as 2pair on the turn that plays like that. Apart from that it can be some lower flushdraw, maybe JTs that floated flop. His sizing is very weird though in my view given how deep stacked you are. In general, board pairing outs will not be clean for you here, especially if they pair Q or K so I would be very unlikely to call a bet on those unless you get very good odds or have a read.

His value range will usually be 12 boats that have you beat and now we need to find some combos of hands that you beat. We need him to have about 5 worse combos that bet river. Would you ever put a hand like 76cc, 86cc in his range? What about JThh, J9cc? It's a spot where you have to go by the average aggression of the stake you are playing if you don't know specifics. Would he not bet about 14 for value if he had a boat, epsecially KQ? I can understand him betting like this with 22 and 66 being scared of KQ (he shouldn't but I understand how people view it like this). Can we say he has only 6 value combos then and discount KQ? In that case we only need around 3 worse hands that play like this to call river.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      But it's pretty hard to find something that play like this J9cc and it's all because I have T and A :D It's pretty close spot but I should probably just fold on the R, right?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ilidek
      But it's pretty hard to find something that play like this J9cc and it's all because I have T and A :D It's pretty close spot but I should probably just fold on the R, right?
      It is hard since you block other good draws with A and T. It's very close in theory but if I think most players are quite passive so it should be more a fold than a call because, on average, NL20 players bluff less in practice than what they could have in most situations. Not that it's wrong to do so since their opponents will also call too much but that's what makes me inclined to fold here.