[NL20-NL50] AKo c4b

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      this is always gonna be a c4b/stackoff spot right? especialy when my range for cold4betting is pretty wide here.

it was my 1st hand of the session, so i didnt have my HUD working yet, so no point in giving stats i guess.
      villain is an avg reg though

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): $20.83
      UTG: $20.20
      MP: $20.34
      CO: $8.30
      BTN: $91.00
      SB: $19.87

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has K:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.70, SB raises to $2.30, Hero raises to $5.20, fold, SB raises to $19.87 and is all-in, Hero calls $14.67

Flop: ($40.44, 2 players) 2:diamond: 9:club: J:diamond:

Turn: ($40.44, 2 players) Q:spade:

River: ($40.44, 2 players) 5:spade:

Hero mucks K:heart: A:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 74%, Flop 14%, Turn 16%)
      SB shows J:spade: A:heart: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 26%, Flop 86%, Turn 84%)
      SB wins $38.42
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Stacking off is fine but you might want to consider other options.

Does villain have a super wide 3bet range and does he fold to 4bet often? Does he spew off the flop and turn? These are factors pointing towards a call.

Does he like to 5bet shove wide and is he aggressive pre flop towards you? Does he not give up when he 3bets and facing a 4bet and react by calling or 5betting often? These factors lead to you preferring 4betting.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      yeah, i dont really know, cause i didnt have mu HUD on yet and i only knew he was some avg reg....

but if my c4b range here is pretty wide, shouldnt i balance it with value hands like this? i mean if i flat monsters and 4b only some bluffs with blockers isnt that kind of exploitable?

also, if i flat here, BTN is kinda fishy so he might fell obliged to call huge part of his range here since "he has a lot of chips" - yeah, eff stacks arent deep, but im taking about his pov.

and do we really wanna play a 3b pot sanwitched with fish behind us with KA?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      AK is almost always good enough to stack off here. Even the results speak for themselves.

You should be cold 4bet bluffing a decent amount vs an aggressive restealer so that makes this preflop all-in really easy and standard.

Unless you do cold-call 3bets a lot, I don't see any reason for you to balance your cold-call 3bet range by adding AA/KK/AK

Bet-size: Don't really like it, I think it's way too big. IMO NL20 players are solid and they learned never to flat 4bets even if the size is small. I think you can make it $4.60 for your entire range and mostly put villain in a push or fold mode. This allows our cold 4b bluffs to be cheaper too. Even if he calls we can cbet on so many flops, or even just try to check down our AK high.

Thanks.