1.6k hands

SB: $68.38 (136.8 bb)
      BB: $26.10 (52.2 bb)
      UTG: $45.73 (91.5 bb)
      MP: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $53.25 (106.5 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with A:diamond: A:spade:
      UTG raises to $1.50, MP folds, CO raises to $4.50, Hero calls $4.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($11.25) 6:diamond: 2:spade: 9:club: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $5.75, CO raises to $13.50, Hero ?

Like the call pre flop?
      What about the flop now?
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      It appears that he 3betted with a good hand and may be willing to go broke given his tight and 3brt range especially when he 3bets utg.

However calling is also a good option to induce utg to call or spazz over.

How does Co play on the flop? Does he like to cb a lot or does he check often when he doesn't hit? The more he cb the more we should be inclined to call in order to get value from hands that miss.

What do you think he check raises with on that flop? I'm guessing overpair like TT JJ QQ that does not want to see a higher card. With AA you are probably good and can either shove over or call and allow him to keep betting.
    • zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i think if CO's ft4b is only 56%, id def 4b here, you could potentionally have some bluffs here, and if CO is 3betting UTG open, his range is kinda strong so i dont expect him to fold too much to 4bets here...
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Gold
      He cbets 53% on 3bet pot.
      He is 3 betting a donkey so i think he have a very depolarized range with wide value range (AQ, KQ, JJ+). I dont think he will put me into bluff, he is 3betting a donkey and my going over the top, i think my range will look very very strong making him fold lots of good hands, and i might also make the fish fold some good hands.
      BTW i think 56% tends to big fold vs 4bet, simple is very small anyway.

What do you think he check raises with on that flop?

Not sure, i guess KK its very likely, QQ maybe. I wounder if he might do that with AK, thats why im thinking if i should jam or just flat .
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      His range there is TT + AK when he check raises there.

How aggressive is he on the flop? The more aggressive he is the weaker his range the more I'm inclined to call to let him bluff. The bless aggressive the more inclined to raise to get value straight away in fear of action shutting down when an over card to his hand falls.