[NL20-NL50] [SH] ZOOM NL50 3b pot IP

• maritsula
      maritsula
      Silver
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $119.30 (238.6 bb)
      SB: $98.48 (197 bb)
      BB: $221.23 (442.5 bb)
      UTG: $145.97 (291.9 bb)
      MP: $127.22 (254.4 bb)
      CO: $48.98 (98 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with J A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1, SB folds, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $3

Flop: ($8.25) 8 J 8 (2 players)
      BB bets $6, Hero calls $6

Turn: ($20.25) A (2 players)
      BB bets $14.50, Hero calls $14.50

River: ($49.25) T (2 players)
      BB bets $32.75, Hero ???

Villain seems like a good aggro reg.

3b vs everyone = 5% from BB to BTN (38 spots)
      3b vs hero = 15% (13spots)

I steal 62% from BTN an fold to a sb/bb 3b 58%

I had a really hard time figuring out what he is repping on the river.

There is only one combo of JJ and one combo of AA. I don't think he is 3b 88 so we can exclude that as well.

Maybe KQ diamonds that got there on river?
      Can he have a random 8? A8-J8 ? But again how many combos can he have?
  • 5 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

Do you have info on his AFq?

Personally I would not fold here. The reason is that I think he could bluff reasonably often given the turn card but also he could vbet worse like AK, AT and a split of AJ. His value range should have some hands like K8s, Q8s but there are not enough compared to hands that you beat imo.
    • maritsula
      maritsula
      Silver
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Heya,

Personally I would not fold here. The reason is that I think he could bluff reasonably often given the turn card but also he could vbet worse like AK, AT and a split of AJ. His value range should have some hands like K8s, Q8s but there are not enough compared to hands that you beat imo.

Does this change anything?

What worries me is that he was betting 2/3 each street and this tends to be for value rather than bluffs at least at nl50
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by maritsula
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Heya,

Does this change anything?

What worries me is that he was betting 2/3 each street and this tends to be for value rather than bluffs at least at nl50
      Sizing wise I agree with you. I'm one of those that keeps beating on how many sizing tells people have. :D His river aggression is quite low as well which kind of makes me want to fold. That said, I have seen people betting here with 'interesting' holdings but have low AFq. When it comes to having close to the top of my range I often turn into a station so in game I would call this although other information points towards a close fold. The thing with the info we have is that it's not in 3bet pots, it's in general.
    • jachis
      jachis
      Bronze
      How do ranges change because of the stack dephtness? Do you think villain did no"t notice it cause his 3betting so small.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jachis
      How do ranges change because of the stack dephtness? Do you think villain did no"t notice it cause his 3betting so small.
      There's no rule how ranges change for everyone since everyone adjusts differently. That said, having more money behind to play for means you can call with hands that are not as strong preflop but have good playability since stack depth leverages position and skill.

At the same time, when there is more money to play for you can put in more bets preflop with wider ranges since you are not commited or forced to shove fold as quickly.