Building a Bankroll

• BigBenMee
      BigBenMee
      Bronze
      Hey guys, just a quick question. I have never been good at cash games for whatever reason, and have always ended up losing money, however generally in tournaments I usually always break even over the long run. As such I have deicided this is the way to go for building a bankroll.

However I'm a bit unsure, would it be better to play single table s&g's or multi table for bankroll building? I dabble in the odd mtt but I can't see this being too great for long term success without a lot of look?

Thanks for your opinions.
  • 7 replies
    • TiltGrinder
      TiltGrinder
      Bronze
      Hi, I would recommend you play SnG (single table)because MTT is a lot of variation.If you want to play in the future MTT tournaments so you can start to micro MTT tournament on PokerStars (45-90 man) and build your bankroll in this stackes
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      The fields are soft in the Pokerstars 50c 45man tourneys. I have been playing them a lot recently and made a nice boost to my Bank Roll.

Check out my blog for some ideas & good luck :s_cool:
    • BigBenMee
      BigBenMee
      Bronze
      Thanks. I have played for a few years but only 1 or two massive mtts a week, and managed to take one down in my time. But like you said the variance is so big I don't think I could make consistant money playing them all the time.

Ill try the single table S&G's, and have a look at playing a few 45/90 man games aswel see how I go :)
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I used to grind 5-10 dollar sngs and had a 20% roi after like 1k games before black friday. However, I heard sngs are a lot tougher nowadays. Mtts indeed has a lot of variance but you probably can achieve higher edge too, I think 50% roi is very doable
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I think 45 man's is probably the softest spot you can find in MTSnG's because they are capped at $30, so there aren't that many regs who are playing the for a living, which makes them be quite beatable through all stake levels.

At the same time they are a great steppingstone if you want to play MTT's, especially because they have a more flat payout structure than the 180 man's, so you learn to deal better with ICM consideration, which there really ain't in 180's until about top 4.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I actually like to play mtts and sngs at same time... It improves my mtts play because I will have more patience. And force me to grind sngs before mtts finish. And also it is more fun too.
    • Ermalf
      Ermalf
      Bronze
      I would suggest you to play s&g because it's way more simple and a faster way to increase your funds.But on the other side,MTT has it's benefits,it's more 'advanced' but hey,it's a lot of money going on there.In fact,you should chose where you think you're better at,or you can try both for example : First you play s&g then you rest a little bit,after that you go on and play MTT.That's just my suggestion,nothing more.