This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Building a Bankroll

• BigBenMee
      BigBenMee
      Bronze
      Hey guys, just a quick question. I have never been good at cash games for whatever reason, and have always ended up losing money, however generally in tournaments I usually always break even over the long run. As such I have deicided this is the way to go for building a bankroll.

However I'm a bit unsure, would it be better to play single table s&g's or multi table for bankroll building? I dabble in the odd mtt but I can't see this being too great for long term success without a lot of look?

Thanks for your opinions.
  • 7 replies
    • TiltGrinder
      TiltGrinder
      Bronze
      Hi, I would recommend you play SnG (single table)because MTT is a lot of variation.If you want to play in the future MTT tournaments so you can start to micro MTT tournament on PokerStars (45-90 man) and build your bankroll in this stackes
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      The fields are soft in the Pokerstars 50c 45man tourneys. I have been playing them a lot recently and made a nice boost to my Bank Roll.

Check out my blog for some ideas & good luck :s_cool:
    • BigBenMee
      BigBenMee
      Bronze
      Thanks. I have played for a few years but only 1 or two massive mtts a week, and managed to take one down in my time. But like you said the variance is so big I don't think I could make consistant money playing them all the time.

Ill try the single table S&G's, and have a look at playing a few 45/90 man games aswel see how I go :)
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I used to grind 5-10 dollar sngs and had a 20% roi after like 1k games before black friday. However, I heard sngs are a lot tougher nowadays. Mtts indeed has a lot of variance but you probably can achieve higher edge too, I think 50% roi is very doable
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I think 45 man's is probably the softest spot you can find in MTSnG's because they are capped at $30, so there aren't that many regs who are playing the for a living, which makes them be quite beatable through all stake levels.

At the same time they are a great steppingstone if you want to play MTT's, especially because they have a more flat payout structure than the 180 man's, so you learn to deal better with ICM consideration, which there really ain't in 180's until about top 4.
    • liguolong
      liguolong
      Bronze
      I actually like to play mtts and sngs at same time... It improves my mtts play because I will have more patience. And force me to grind sngs before mtts finish. And also it is more fun too.
    • Ermalf
      Ermalf
      Bronze
      I would suggest you to play s&g because it's way more simple and a faster way to increase your funds.But on the other side,MTT has it's benefits,it's more 'advanced' but hey,it's a lot of money going on there.In fact,you should chose where you think you're better at,or you can try both for example : First you play s&g then you rest a little bit,after that you go on and play MTT.That's just my suggestion,nothing more.