[NL20-NL50] Nl25 Aj

• DarkAwi
      DarkAwi
      Bronze
      Party, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $25 (100 bb)
      Hero (CO): $35.55 (142.2 bb)
      MP: $25.85 (103.4 bb)
      SB: $24.54 (98.2 bb)
      BB: $32.72 (130.9 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J A
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.85) 7 A Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.25, BTN raises to $4.13, Hero calls $2.88

Turn: ($10.11) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $6.50, Hero calls $6.50

River: ($23.11) K (2 players)
      Hero checks,

Villain: http://pbrd.co/ZxYXtv
      SB big fish
      BB reg, squeeze 7%

What should be our plan here? He doesn't really repping strong hands, because his 3bet% is quite high, but there was a fish in the SB, maybe he calls more value hands to keep the fish in the pot. Anyway, he is quite agressive, so I planned to calldown, unless a gutshot, or flushdraw completes. What do you think about it ? Would you call if he shoves on this river? Our precieved range is quite strong here, and only about half stack left on the river, so he couldn't expect too much FE.
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

I would cbet around 50% of the time or less with this hand on this flop. Notice he folds quite a bit to cbets and his WTSD is not high either. This means you will have a hard time getting value with your hand on A high board. He also 3bets a high frequency in BU meaning he probably uses some aces as bluffs so less weak TP combos that can call you in his range.

As played, I think this is often a call flop, call turn, fold river situation. River is the street on which he is super honest. He doesn't play back a lot on the flop either but he is not representing many value hands either so I would find it hard to give up so early against a regular.