This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] AQ line

• zumpar
      zumpar
      Bronze
      i was wondering about a spot like this, seems to come up a lot

UTG (26/23 ft3b:83, 4b:5) is a solid reg, MP is unknown

i think raising here is pretty much an overplay cause we iso ourselfs vs a strong UTG range and we can never get called by a worse pretty much, but on the other hand, do we really wanna play 3-5 handed pot with AQ if we just flat here?

whats the best line here? 3b/f?

cause if it is 3b/f arent we here pretty much turning our hand into a bluff?

iPoker - $0.20 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $20.10
      UTG: $20.00
      MP: $16.83
      Hero (CO): $42.21
      BTN: $23.07
      SB: $21.02

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.20

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.30) Hero has Q:heart: A:diamond:

UTG raises to $0.70, MP calls $0.70, Hero raises to $2.60, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

Hero shows Q:heart: A:diamond: ()
      Hero wins $2.40
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

I don';t think you can call it profitably but you can 3bet and make a profit. Yes, it's one of the best hands you can have but if you cannot call and 3betting even to fold to further action is +EV then 3betting is better. This is basically the top of your folding range so would go in your so called bluff 3betting range in a polarised range. In this spot you don't have to be super polarised or anything but AQo remains a nice hand to 3bet imo. OK playability when called, good blockers.