$67.90
      MP2:
      $50.00
      MP3:
      $50.00
      CO:
      $34.18

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 raises to $1.50, CO folds, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($3.75) 6, J, 5 (2 players)
      MP3 bets $2.50, Hero raises to $6.25, MP3 calls $3.75.

Turn: ($16.25) 6 (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $9.25, MP3 calls $9.25.

River: ($34.75) T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $25.00.

Final Pot: $59.75.

MP is TAG.
      Flop : this hand is my bluff range (BDFD,BDSD +over card(s) )
      Turn : 6 is paired so few hand will fold this board but i plan 3barrel
      River : he checks T and R so he NEVER has boat ,calling hands on river will be 67s , JTs , AJ or QQ-AA and they are reduced by board and my KQs. there is no draw so i can rep 65s or JJ[/quote]
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Why not consider calling the flop and betting the turn when he checks?

On the turn you are not representing much except for full houses and I don't think a hand that called flop raise which is usually a pair like J or overpair, that is not going to fold the turn.

If I raised the flop I'll check back this turn since I know he is not folding.

Otherwise I could wait for the turn check to put in a bet or raise his cb when I turn a gutshot or flush draw.

Every hand he has by the river is what you described as his calling range and he's unlikely to fold. He is not thinking about what you have usually.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      Why not consider calling the flop and betting the turn when he checks?

On the turn you are not representing much except for full houses and I don't think a hand that called flop raise which is usually a pair like J or overpair, that is not going to fold the turn.

If I raised the flop I'll check back this turn since I know he is not folding.

Otherwise I could wait for the turn check to put in a bet or raise his cb when I turn a gutshot or flush draw.

Every hand he has by the river is what you described as his calling range and he's unlikely to fold. He is not thinking about what you have usually.
      Flop Float is better i think later

if raise flop , few hand will fold this turn so there are many hands on river , and TAG on NL50 does not call down Raise-Bet-Bet with top pair type hands so often imo. this is because i think river bluff is effective.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Flop Float is better i think later

if raise flop , few hand will fold this turn so there are many hands on river , and TAG on NL50 does not call down Raise-Bet-Bet with top pair type hands so often imo. this is because i think river bluff is effective.
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      if you plan to fold out a top pair i think the stronger line is to raise turn and bet river, or call turn and shove over river.

However i think folding out top pairs is a good plan unless you have reads that he is extremely tight on showing down on the river.

Just something to note, the money from poker comes from taking the smaller pots, not from making opponents fold big hands like top pair+, at least that's the case up to NL100.