Spikelema

• Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      Hello,

I am 24 years old currently graduated with a Masters of Information Technology (Advanced) as well as currently studying Bachelor of Engineering.

I am looking for a income avenue while I work on projects as well as complete my study and have thought that poker would be of interest to me, as I like the game and have an interest in Mathematics.

I have played casually for a number of years but never delved into the game past the starting hands charts and other such material. I am currenly using MSS on Zoom tables at PokerStars but thought I should complete this course as it seems to be a key component in starting off a poker career.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hello Spike,

Welcome to the course.

For more information on each lesson please visit this link: Welcome to the No Limit Beginners Course Forums

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Bogdan
    • Spikelema
      Spikelema
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I wish to play poker to make myself a suplimentary income so I am able to invest my time in projects that interest me based on my qualifications. I do not want to work for a large company, instead being independent but to do that I need to start the long road of learning and gaining recognition. I am hoping with Poker I am able to earn enough money that I am not left behind and can fund my hobbies and expenditures.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I do not like to fold a hard once I have raised into the pot. I feel that once I have invested I should see it all the way (This I know is not true). I am easily distracted and as a result will make a mistake due to not giving it my full 100%, expecially at a stage where I am still learning.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Tight agressive means to see as few flops as possible but to earn the maximum you can from those flops. The tight agressive strategy is more about taking their money through a fold than going All-In and seeing a showdown (although with the handrange you play with, you should be ahead more often than not heading into the showdown).
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Spikelema
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker?

I wish to play poker to make myself a suplimentary income so I am able to invest my time in projects that interest me based on my qualifications. I do not want to work for a large company, instead being independent but to do that I need to start the long road of learning and gaining recognition. I am hoping with Poker I am able to earn enough money that I am not left behind and can fund my hobbies and expenditures.

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

I do not like to fold a hard once I have raised into the pot. I feel that once I have invested I should see it all the way (This I know is not true). I am easily distracted and as a result will make a mistake due to not giving it my full 100%, expecially at a stage where I am still learning.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Tight agressive means to see as few flops as possible but to earn the maximum you can from those flops. The tight agressive strategy is more about taking their money through a fold than going All-In and seeing a showdown (although with the handrange you play with, you should be ahead more often than not heading into the showdown).
      Well done,

Homework 1 complete.

I recommend that you start posting some hands for evaluation, especially the ones where you think you should have given up on but were not able to.

The judges will be able to show you why folding (or calling) are correct.

Best of luck.