This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH AJs vs MP raise

• mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $20.25
      BB: $77.12
      UTG: $54.64
      CO: $55.90
      Hero (BTN): $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has J:heart: A:heart:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, Hero calls $1.50, fold, fold

Flop: ($3.75, 2 players) K:diamond: J:diamond: T:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero bets $1.78, UTG calls $1.78

Turn: ($7.31, 2 players) 7:heart:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($7.31, 2 players) 9:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

Hello, here my question is: Should i barrel one more time 1/2 pot on the turn?
      My villain looks like that after 3000 hands:VPIP 20 PFR 16 Cbet flop 47 raise frrom MP 10%, AF 2 flop AF 3 turn AF 3 river WTSD 25.
      My preflop thought was like that: just call preflop IP with a medium strong hand vs his range.On the flop i should barrel because of my second pair good kicker and my gutshot.But now the tricky part is on the turn, but looking again, he shows weakness and i should barrel again to fold his draws or weak jacks.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

If villain's flop to cbet is higher here, I would consider betting Turn for thin value. But since his flop cbet is low, I think his Flop c/c range can definitely have a bunch of stronger hands. QQ/KQ/AK are all in his range and we definitely don't have a 2nd barrel for value.

I think I would also prefer checking back on the Flop, but it's close with 2PTK.

As played, check down on River.

Thanks.