[NL2-NL10] Nl5 Fr Ak

• FactoriusX
      FactoriusX
      Bronze
      I guess I should play check/fold on the turn?

$0.02/$0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $14.77
      UTG1:
      $5.91
      UTG2:
      $6.09
      MP1:
      $6.18
      MP2:
      $5.07
      MP3:
      $5.13
      CO:
      $2.05
      BU:
      $4.68
      SB (Hero):
      $5.20

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      4 folds, MP3 raises to $0.10, CO folds, BU raises to $0.25, Hero calls $0.23, BB calls $0.20, MP3 calls $0.15.

Flop: ($1) T, 4, K (4 players)
      Hero bets $0.76, BB folds, MP3 folds, BU calls $0.76.

Turn: ($2.52) T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.42, BU raises to $3.67(All-In), Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $3.94.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Factorius,

Preflop: What do we know about the opponents? That small isolation 3-bet/raise from someone with less than 100 BB can be a wide range (and villain seems fishy). So I would actually consider 4-betting there for pure value and going with the hand.

Postflop: As played I would go for a ck/raise on the flop, assuming BTN is not a huge nit.

Why should you play ck/fold on the turn versus a fishy guy? Did you have any info on him that would say that his range is super strong after the flop call?
    • FactoriusX
      FactoriusX
      Bronze
      I just donkbet the flop because of too many opponents. On the turn I think there are no many worse hands which can call me so I thought maybe it is better to check, but in this play i decide to bet/fold because of some fold equity..
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by FactoriusX
      I just donkbet the flop because of too many opponents. On the turn I think there are no many worse hands which can call me so I thought maybe it is better to check, but in this play i decide to bet/fold because of some fold equity..
      On the turn what happened to all the Kx and draws that villain can have? All flush draws, all straight draws and all Kx hands are still there. So I think we still definitely have value in a bet.

And given the villain is potentially fishy and can raise worse I don't think we can bet fold for the money left behind.