Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has J:heart: J:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 2 BB, fold, BB calls 1 BB

Flop: (4.5 BB, 2 players) J:diamond: K:diamond: 2:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 3.35 BB, BB raises to 11 BB, Hero calls 7.65 BB

Turn: (26.5 BB, 2 players) 3:spade:
      BB bets 22 BB, Hero calls 22 BB

River: (70.5 BB, 2 players) A:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 52.85 BB, BB calls 52.85 BB

BB shows 2:heart: K:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Twos) (Pre 30%, Flop 9%, Turn 5%)
      Hero shows J:heart: J:spade: (Three of a Kind, Jacks) (Pre 70%, Flop 91%, Turn 95%)
      Hero wins 167.4 BB

1.9 k hands, 25/22, 3bet 11, raise cbet 10%, fcb 42

I saw him bluffing from this position. I am not sure if I should raise turn to protect from fd? Is river bet size ok, or push?
  • 1 reply
    • EmanuelC16

If you want to raise the turn it should be to not have action killing cards and to balance your range of 'bluff' floats. Against aa wide c/r range I'd quite often float flop to shove turns wide so I would play quite a few of my value hands the same way. On NL20 though, against unobservative opposition I think double floating your whole range and playing rivers can be just as +EV. What happens is that people don't construct a good check/calling range for rivers and usually have shove or check/fold range. Unless you are concern with balance and protecting your flop floats (not your hand, you play a range not a hand, I am referring to having an uncapped range with plenty of value combos) I like just calling turn. Often you hear about action killing cards on river in such a situation but most value hands feel commited so scare cards are no longer relevant plusvs strong draws you get it in since they are kind of commited as well. You almost never change the actual results when 2 good equity hands meet but you drastically change how you construct your own range.